Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Electronic LED Trim Indicators >

Electronic LED Trim Indicators

Like Tree10Likes

Electronic LED Trim Indicators

Old 12-18-2019, 05:57 AM
Registered

Default Electronic LED Trim Indicators

Anyone using the Mayfair Electronic LED trim system or the Livorsi LED trim system? The Mayfair system uses a full electronic sender for the tabs and the Livorsi uses a cable to electronic sender. Planning on updating my dash and was trying to get some reviews on the 2 systems.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Registered

I'm actually getting ready to do this as well. Going with Livorsi, just have to decide if we're going to do the LED system or the 3D heads up mechanical style. Either way, going Livorsi. Don't have any real world input for you yet as we haven't installed either just yet. Dash is apart and getting mapped out right now though.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:42 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
I'm actually getting ready to do this as well. Going with Livorsi, just have to decide if we're going to do the LED system or the 3D heads up mechanical style. Either way, going Livorsi. Don't have any real world input for you yet as we haven't installed either just yet. Dash is apart and getting mapped out right now though.
I've been putting thought into this as well. As much as I like the simplicity, reliability and price of mechanical I think I'd have to go with electric and LED. The main reason is so that I'd be able to add the Drive Sync in the future.
Knowing myself like I do, I'll probably end up going full mechanical for the old school look and unbreakable function and then adding the electric sender to run a Drive Sync at the same time. As a result this will cost me twice as much, never work right and make me hate the boat for about 2 years.

Last edited by bck; 12-18-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:57 PM
2jz
Registered

I've also been looking electronic trim tab position for vessel view. Mercury offers k planes with position sensors for electronic display but would like to know if older k planes can be retrofitted with position sensors
Old 12-18-2019, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bck View Post
i've been putting thought into this as well. As much as i like the simplicity, reliability and price of mechanical i think i'd have to go with electric and led. The main reason is so that i'd be able to add the drive sync in the future.
Knowing myself like i do, i'll probably end up going full mechanical for the old school look and unbreakable function and then adding the electric sender to run a drive sync at the same time. As a result this will cost me twice as much, never work right and make me hate the boat for about 2 years.

lmfao!!!
Old 12-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2jz View Post
I've also been looking electronic trim tab position for vessel view. Mercury offers k planes with position sensors for electronic display but would like to know if older k planes can be retrofitted with position sensors
I think MGD has a solution for this as well as the drives.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post

these are easy to read
thisistank and payuppsucker like this.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 2jz View Post
Depends on when your tabs were manufactured. You can add the factory trim tab sensors if the sensor mount is cast into your k planes. The sensor is visually the same as a trim sender for Bravo outdrives but also uses nearly the same hardware bits as the drive trim sender on ITS. Look at the k-plane upright portion bolted to the boat, on the left side of the mounting plate there will be a round portion in the casting with 2 holes that are tapped. If you do not have this mount on your casting you can buy cable converters from Livorsi for your current tabs. They replace you tab trim cable and Livorsi's solution converts mechanical to electronic signal.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:21 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

i have the the livorsi LED on trs drives looks like cables but its just a wire in stainless braided line to a stainless through hull it looks nice to keep the old school look
Old 12-19-2019, 01:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I've driven boats with all three, old school mechanical, LED, and the modern vertical indicators. I have to say, I like the modern vertical indicators the best. And I think it's a great way to use the molded in spot where the old school compass used to be.
thisistank likes this.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser