Notices

Apache 22 setup!

Old 01-13-2020, 12:36 PM
  #21  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 82
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Nice boat. They need lots of setback. Jack plate will be great for adjusting. You said it already has tabs? Let's see a pic of the transom. They are heavy, and if yours has been retaining water it might really heavy.

You could start by running the prop shaft 2 inches below the pad, and work up from there in half inch increments, depending on the propeller. Something like a Trophy or even a Raker will be good to try for overall use. I'd guess you're going to use a 21 to 23" pitch, depending.

Weigh it. Inspect for rot. If it doesn't already have tabs, get it dialed in before you add them, and you may not want them. I would go without tabs on that boat. More pics!

Last edited by blacktruck; 01-13-2020 at 12:56 PM.
blacktruck is offline  
Old 01-13-2020, 01:58 PM
  #22  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
Nice boat. They need lots of setback. Jack plate will be great for adjusting. You said it already has tabs? Let's see a pic of the transom. They are heavy, and if yours has been retaining water it might really heavy.

You could start by running the prop shaft 2 inches below the pad, and work up from there in half inch increments, depending on the propeller. Something like a Trophy or even a Raker will be good to try for overall use. I'd guess you're going to use a 21 to 23" pitch, depending.

Weigh it. Inspect for rot. If it doesn't already have tabs, get it dialed in before you add them, and you may not want them. I would go without tabs on that boat. More pics!
No there is no tabs, not yet. I have very long set back there and now also jack plate. Well the pitch is real question....now there is 19" 14,25 viper and it gets on plane nicely top speed with two persons 58mph....i have another but i quess it is quite rough 14.00 26p =) I will find few more pitches to try them when summer is coming.
Boat was ok and i didn´t find any rot from nowhere thank god! It has been stored in boat house.

Antti is offline  
Old 01-13-2020, 02:07 PM
  #23  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default


Antti is offline  
Old 01-14-2020, 05:39 AM
  #24  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 648
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink

I'm thinking the trailer is a little too small.
Gary C is offline  
Old 01-14-2020, 05:48 AM
  #25  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Too Stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,892
Received 56 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
I'm thinking the trailer is a little too small.
I'm thinking the trailer is waaay too small. (Both in length and capacity.)
Too Stroked is offline  
Old 01-14-2020, 05:53 AM
  #26  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Too Stroked View Post
I'm thinking the trailer is waaay too small. (Both in length and capacity.)
Hahhaaaaa damn it is in perfect balance there. 😄 It is only short time in trailer other times it is in the water or in storage with stands.
Antti is offline  
Old 01-15-2020, 10:35 AM
  #27  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 82
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Antti View Post
Hahhaaaaa damn it is in perfect balance there. 😄 It is only short time in trailer other times it is in the water or in storage with stands.
Here's thread of a very similar boat, a restored 22 Activator, also quite heavy like the Apache's. Project Activator

That one has a 6" jack plate, The engine has built in setback of about 4" and a 7" notched transom. The sweet spot for these boats is around 16" of setback, give or take depending on engine weight, boat weight etc. Make sure your hull is straight! That trailer is dangerous.





blacktruck is offline  
Old 01-16-2020, 10:15 AM
  #28  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Yes i have seen that Activator on Instagram and it is a cool boat!! I didn`t know that activator is also heavy boat. I thought it was same kind like Velocity so nice to know it works fine with hard set back. Really looking forward summer and get to test few props. But before that i have some few little things to do...for example wrapping the deck and creating a small wind shield. =)
Antti is offline  
Old 02-21-2020, 02:08 AM
  #29  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scout got some tapes....




Antti is offline  
Old 02-21-2020, 12:46 PM
  #30  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 5,960
Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Looks awesome. Love these 21-22ft powerboats.
TexomaPowerboater is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.