Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days >

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Notices

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Old 03-15-2020, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
And personally, being in construction/remodeling, being out for 2 weeks would really stress my projects.
But we won’t be the ones working remotely, will we. Because life has to go on. Unless the left wing media continues to have their way and the economy continues to crash. Then we’ll all be sitting at home, and media ratings/stranglehold will continue to go up. And we’ll have a communist as president.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:14 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
But we won’t be the ones working remotely, will we. Because life has to go on. Unless the left wing media continues to have their way and the economy continues to crash. Then we’ll all be sitting at home, and media ratings/stranglehold will continue to go up. And we’ll have a communist as president.
Where did I mention politics or dogma? And if I get it I WON'T be working...period. Feel free to shove your hand up your nose or ass or whatever orifice you want to stick it in, I'll use reasonable caution but will be out and about trying to make a living.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:48 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Is Fox News left wing? It must be, because the home page of its website is full—just as CNN's is—with novel coronavirus stories. (And the coverall content of the reporting, not the op-ed of course, is much the same.) We all get information. We choose how we react to it. Some of us are staying calm and taking reasonable precautions. Others are buying toilet paper as if they just ate at a $5 buffet in Reno.

The media has many ills—as part of it I have no trouble saying that. But blaming public hysteria on it is silly. Are any of you hysterical? Of course not.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this conversation (maybe I missed, if so all apologies) is the effect the MBS-Russia (you know, our good pals the Sauds and Putin et. al) oil trade-war had on last week's Wall Street disaster. Read a bit on what that could do to our oil shale companies if you really want to. panic.

P.S. Bernie is Santa Claus who, as most adults know, isn't real.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-15-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Where did I mention politics or dogma? And if I get it I WON'T be working...period. Feel free to shove your hand up your nose or ass or whatever orifice you want to stick it in, I'll use reasonable caution but will be out and about trying to make a living.
Lol, What I was trying to say is we will, and should to continue living our normal lives. I’ll be on the job site tomorrow morning. Agreeing with you.

I’m sure I’m not the only one on oso that lost thousands if not hundreds of thousands because of this.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You need to turn off CNN bud.

"In a recent report, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that 80.9% of COVID-19 cases were mild."

"
As for the data we do have, that information also shows a low fatality rate and high survival rate for COVID-19. In a new viewpoint article published February 24 in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), authors looked at the case records of 72,314 patients, 44,672 of which were confirmed as having COVID-19. Of those confirmed cases, 36,160 cases, or 81%, showed only mild symptoms, while 14% were severe and 5% critical. The overall case-fatality rate, or coronavirus cases that ended in death, was only 2.3%, or 1,023 deaths out of 44, 672 confirmed cases."
I personally don't believe much of anything coming out of China since IMHO, they are responsible for the world-wide pandemic due to not reporting accurately/timely the situation over there.
Even if the data is accurate, 2.3% of 350M is still a very large number (>8M). Not that it's anyone's business but I'm in one of the high risk groups and close to being in a secondary high risk group, so if I seem a bit more paranoid than a young healthy person, there's a damn good reason for it. FWIW, China considers pneumonia a mild symptom.

The best we can realistically hope for at this point is a flattened response curve. This will entail everyone doing their part to slow the spread so hospitals don't get hit all at once. The current flu season has hospitals near capacity already. Our healthcare system can't take a large influx of patients over a short period of time. Since this virus is new, there's a lot of things we don't know abt it yet. There are a lot of very smart people all around the world working solely to find a cure (or at least an effective treatment) but these things take time.

I agree that the panic can be worse than the illness. This has proven to be true many times in the past. Enemies of the president will use anything and everything they can to attempt to gain leverage even if it means collapsing their own economy. I don't think our views are as far apart as you may think.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Is Fox News left wing? It must be, because the home page of its website is full—just as CNN's is—with novel coronavirus stories. (And the coverall content of the reporting, not the op-ed of course, is much the same.) We all get information. We choose how we react to it. Some of us are staying calm and taking reasonable precautions. Others are buying toilet paper as if they just ate at a $5 buffet in Reno.

The media has many ills—as part of it I have no trouble saying that. But blaming public hysteria on it is silly. Are any of you hysterical? Of course not.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this conversation (maybe I missed, if so all apologies) is the effect the MBS-Russia (you know, our good pals the Sauds and Putin et. al) oil trade-war had on last week's Wall Street disaster. Read a bit on what that could do to our oil shale companies if you really want to. panic.

P.S. Bernie is Santa Claus who, as most adults know, isn't real.
I don’t watch that jargon... Media... thank goodness God built in weekends, so we can all think about how silly this has all been.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Lol, What I was trying to say is we will, and should to continue living our normal lives. I’ll be on the job site tomorrow morning. Agreeing with you.

I’m sure I’m not the only one on oso that lost thousands if not hundreds of thousands because of this.
That's why I got out in early Feb., it was very obvious.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:58 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts

I don’t watch that jargon... Media... thank goodness God built in weekends, so we can all think about how silly this has all been.
I watch jargon. Occupational hazard.

I would only offer this: Taking precautions isn't silly. The general public's panicked reaction is. But that's on the general public. Are you panicking? Sure doesn't sound like it. Neither am I. We are choosing to remain calm. It is, in fact, a choice.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Is it a good time to say it?...

Apache
Old 03-15-2020, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Britain is advising all elderly to self isolate (soon may be a directive) and restricting travel to the USA

No matter how you personally choose to view the virus... taxes are going up on top of your personal losses.. govts globally are going to pass the financial burden down the pipe and how fast the virus is managed (and the economic impact) is dependent on proactive measures containing the virus and how fractured the health care system is....

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-15-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.