Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days >

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Notices

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Old 03-15-2020, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
This is an article by Newt Gingrich. Former Republican Speaker of the House and ardent Donald Trump supporter who is right now watching the tragedy in Italy unfold first hand. The gist of Newt's opinion article is that America needs to get prepared - and fast. Newt says that Italy, like France, is making battlefield - like triage decisions on who gets a shot a living by getting on a respirator. The life or death decision is based on the patient's estimated remaining life-span. Basically, their hospitals are already overrun and the virus has only shown it's head in Italy for a few weeks.

Hope to God we don't see that situation here and that is why they are taking the precautions to mitigate contact and spread of the virus to slow it up a bit.

NEWT GINGRICH: I AM IN ITALY AMID THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS. AMERICA MUST ACT NOW—AND ACT BIG | OPINION

NEWT GINGRICH
ON 3/13/20 AT 4:51 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingri...pinion-1492270
Yup forget that Doctor that runs one of the biggest hospitals in Chicago, listen to Newt Gingrich.. Obviously you`re one of those people buying all the paper who doesn`t listen to reason .. good luck with that.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zz28zz
This is the same link I referenced. I've been watching the data for a couple of weeks. 2 days ago Italy reported ~1500 new cases, yesterday ~2500, today ~3500. There are too many variables to determine exactly what's driving the numbers, but it looks pretty bad. Doctors in Italy have been forced to apply battle field triage rules. Many are being sent back home to die and it's getting worse everyday.
Italy is not America, or the rest of Europe .
Italy has a large older population and Italy and the rest of Europe has a dense population. Everyone takes public transportation on a daily basis so yes it will spread faster but once again 95% survival rate unless you`re old or have underlying health issues.
I feel like I`m living in a movie or twilight zone. Some of you need to turn off the news .

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1).

But yes let`s freak out and close schools, cancel sporting events, buy all the toilet paper in the isle because 2800 people are infected with corona flu .. makes sense!!

More people are going get shot and die in Chicago this month then all the corona deaths in the entire US ..

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-15-2020 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Seeing your post had me thinking how are you guys doing in Thailand....?
Surprisingly good considering the chaotic state of the health services, government and regulatory authorities. Population nearly 70 million (in a fairly small space) 1 death out of 82 known cases. Tourism is stuffed, Chinese are by far the biggest tourism numbers in Thailand but not anymore! I think we've been lucky so far and with screening at airports and very few tourists able to travel, we should be fine but huge damage to the economy which depends a lot on tourists.

Thanks for asking.

RR
Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

I feel like I`m living in a movie or twilight zone. ..
Get used to it.

This isn't influenza. It's much more contagious and 10 to 40 times more deadly, maybe higher if the hospitals get overwhelmed.
This is just the beginning.

BTW, there are lots of folks here (OSO) in the high risk group.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Sorry ^^^, I missed your link.
My bad.
No worries mate. BTW, sorry to hear abt your trip. That sounds like it would have been an enjoyable voyage.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Main-stream media has benefited in a big way with everyone tuning in. Unfortunately, real un-biased political journalism died a long time ago and the big players are only in it for profits so they will say whatever increases their ratings. Pretty sad state of affairs really.

Here's a link with daily world-wide updates.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Many are just eating it up
Old 03-15-2020, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
No, I am not a Doctor, but I am a stock trader . When Wuhan-19 popped up on our radar in mid-Jan we watched this very closely because we've been thru this drill with SARS, Bird-flu and Ebola before. Medical supply companies and biotech's that have anything remotely feasible to contribute to the crisis typically see emotionally driven short-term gains, and most everything else suffers.. So we have researched and followed this virus like white on rice.

Cov-19 is not the Black Death. As previously stated, If you are under 60 and in good health your chances of surviving Cov-19 are not dissimilar from a bad flu season, which are excellent. However, across all ages, and especially among the older and those with health issue, especially those with respiratory issues or those with high blood pressure, Cov-19 kills multiples more than the normal flu.

Cov-19 has a death rate conservatively 10X + that of the regular flu (1%+ vs.1%. Cov-19 has a critical care need (patients needing hospitalization) more than 10X+ that of the regular flu. Also, Cov-19 spreads twice as fast as the regular flu. While not as deadly as SARS, which had a mortality rate of about 10%, Cov-19' sends so many people to the hospital in such a short time that it simply overwhelms the medical care system. People who would otherwise survive do not because they simply cannot get the critical care they need because the hospitals are swamped.

The reason they are closing down the normal routine in the USA and other places is to simply slow down the spread of the virus so the hospitals here are not overwhelmed during the temporary period that Cov-19 is here. In the meantime they hope to develop treatments and vaccines. While most people have mild symptoms, they can and will spread it to people who will have life-threatening issues. The images that came out of Wuhan were real and could play out here if we do not manage the situation properly.
Well Stated! Welcome to real life people, **** happens!
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered

Get used to it.

This isn't influenza. It's much more contagious and 10 to 40 times more deadly, maybe higher if the hospitals get overwhelmed.
This is just the beginning.
You need to turn off CNN bud.

"In a recent report, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that 80.9% of COVID-19 cases were mild."

"
As for the data we do have, that information also shows a low fatality rate and high survival rate for COVID-19. In a new viewpoint article published February 24 in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), authors looked at the case records of 72,314 patients, 44,672 of which were confirmed as having COVID-19. Of those confirmed cases, 36,160 cases, or 81%, showed only mild symptoms, while 14% were severe and 5% critical. The overall case-fatality rate, or coronavirus cases that ended in death, was only 2.3%, or 1,023 deaths out of 44, 672 confirmed cases."

Old 03-15-2020, 10:30 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You need to turn off CNN bud.

"In a recent report, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that 80.9% of COVID-19 cases were mild."

"
As for the data we do have, that information also shows a low fatality rate and high survival rate for COVID-19. In a new viewpoint article published February 24 in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), authors looked at the case records of 72,314 patients, 44,672 of which were confirmed as having COVID-19. Of those confirmed cases, 36,160 cases, or 81%, showed only mild symptoms, while 14% were severe and 5% critical. The overall case-fatality rate, or coronavirus cases that ended in death, was only 2.3%, or 1,023 deaths out of 44, 672 confirmed cases."
I think we all know what the nature of this is SO FAR. But why temp fate? Being prudent right now is the best course, if you don't care that's fine but I think the best precautions should be in play. My mother is 92, in no way do I want her getting this or getting to the point where most are going to get this, it would be a bad outcome for some of our loved ones. Not everyone is a healthy person with a strong immune system. And personally, being in construction/remodeling, being out for 2 weeks would really stress my projects.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I think we all know what the nature of this is SO FAR. But why temp fate? Being prudent right now is the best course, if you don't care that's fine but I think the best precautions should be in play. My mother is 92, in no way do I want her getting this or getting to the point where most are going to get this, it would be a bad outcome for some of our loved ones. Not everyone is a healthy person with a strong immune system. And personally, being in construction/remodeling, being out for 2 weeks would really stress my projects.
Perspective

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1).

I`m not the least bit concerned about this corono bs.
I am concerned about the over reaction and detrimental affects on my livelihood.
Shut down the news networks for 2 weeks and all will be back to normal.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.