Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Virus spreading at gas stations >

Virus spreading at gas stations

Like Tree51Likes

Virus spreading at gas stations

Old 03-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Registered

Default Virus spreading at gas stations

Wife is friends with a local physician who was just called into emergency meeting regarding the rapid spreading of the virus at gas pumps. Beware of ANY surface you touch in public including keypads. I also sanitize my credit card immediately after using it. Tell everyone you know to be careful at the pump.
Griff and jtbooten like this.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Registered

Friends in Germany and France both forewarned that if a person can leave a fingerprint, they can leave the virus as no one exactly knows how long the virus can survive without a host - guesstimate is +/- 2 days but this strain is new territory
Old 03-21-2020, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just got home to Canada, drove back from Florida. Every time I fueled I wore a rubber glove. People looked at me like I was an idiot lol. Didnít see one person even try to protect themselves and not 1 gas station had a bottle of sanitizer or any kind of wipes on the counter. Maybe Iím paranoid but you would think some would make a small effort to protect themselves?
Wally, Griff, tommymonza and 4 others like this.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Registered

Finally one good thing in New Jersey we’re not allowed to pump our own gas.
J-Bonz and Bostonirish like this.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by erik1976 View Post
I just got home to Canada, drove back from Florida. Every time I fueled I wore a rubber glove. People looked at me like I was an idiot lol. Didnít see one person even try to protect themselves and not 1 gas station had a bottle of sanitizer or any kind of wipes on the counter. Maybe Iím paranoid but you would think some would make a small effort to protect themselves?
That's not paranoid. It's smart, forward thinking.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 PM
Registered

I work in healthcare, I have to go out...I drive past the grocery store, the parking lot is packed, Drive by walmart, the parking lot is packed, Drive by the gunstore, its shoulder to shoulder and the line is out the door and around the block.

People didnt go out and shop this much when they could... This whole having people stay home so they dont spread it is a joke... It's like Im home and off work...so I have to go to the store because I only have a 2 month supply of food and a 2 year supply of toilet paper because I went to the store and stocked up yesterday and the day before.

Griff, midwest272 and Bostonirish like this.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by erik1976 View Post

Been doing that for years, and if I don't have gloves , I use a paper towel or something. Those things are nasty.

tommymonza likes this.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:33 AM
Registered

We keep latex gloves in vehicles just for fueling. Take them off after fuel is done and toss, then sanitize hands before getting in
Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Craney View Post
Finally one good thing in New Jersey weíre not allowed to pump our own gas.
Also provides some jobs. Our governor finally did something I agree with by declaring liquor stores essential businesses.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:18 AM
Registered

^^^^ that's b/c those going through alcohol withdrawl is a medical issue unto itself let alone dealing with the stress of the circumstances ie.. corvid or other states of emergency

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-22-2020 at 08:50 AM.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser