Boating Allowed In Michigan! >

Boating Allowed In Michigan!

Notices

Boating Allowed In Michigan!

Old 04-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Blame it on the idiots congregating at the ramps that led to this situation, ramps were closed up here over a week ago. I got a email from the fairgrounds where I winter store our boat stating they will not unlock the facility and we cannot get to our boats during the ban.
That seems excessive. What if you want to clean your boat or use it out of state?
Old 04-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by willknotsign
That seems excessive. What if you want to clean your boat or use it out of state?

well, since that is nonessential travel that could get you a ticket just as easy. ☹️

I got my boat out of storage today. Of course on the way home (5 miles) I meet a state trooper. I was waiting for the brake lights but he let me slide.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 4,266 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Oh now it hits home what kind of bs this Corona **** is ... welcome.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:18 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Some of the West Michigan Offshore guys reported yesterday that the local DNR was only interested if you caught fish--couldn't care less if your boat had a motor. Others up in Grand Haven just got a wave from the Coast Guard as it appears that the feds don't have a dog in this fight.
There was a line to get into the State Park @ Holland and the first couple of rows of parking were full. Those ignoring the rules will be the first to ***** when things shut down as a result of their actions.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 4,266 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Blame the people for getting their rights stripped away not the government.
That says it all. right there.

Keep drinking the coolaid

Old 04-12-2020, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I for one, never thought I would see a thread with a title like this,
Old 04-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Gretchen Hitler!!!!! 300,000 people in ottawa county (grand haven) , 64 cases of the CHINESE virus, ONE/YES ONE death of a person with health issues and we are destroying thousands of peoples lives. how many suicides will there be when someones entire lifes work is wiped out? my heart goes out to the small business owners that will be ruined by this. and by the way the PPP isnt going to do anything to help them pay rents and mortgages, utilities, insurance etc.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by SABER28
Gretchen Hitler!!!!! 300,000 people in ottawa county (grand haven) , 64 cases of the CHINESE virus, ONE/YES ONE death of a person with health issues and we are destroying thousands of peoples lives. how many suicides will there be when someones entire lifes work is wiped out? my heart goes out to the small business owners that will be ruined by this. and by the way the PPP isnt going to do anything to help them pay rents and mortgages, utilities, insurance etc.

I brought up the exact same point in the other thread (LOTO boating) and got blasted.

Small business aren't the only ones getting crushed. Landlords big and small aren't getting paid (Cheesecake Factory already said they aren't paying rent for any of their locations). Malls are closed, how many thousands of stores will have zero sales this month? Restaurants/bars are smoked, boat/car/motorcycle dealerships are dying by the day. Local Ford chain has 2500 new Fords! 500+ are new 2019s! How about plastic surgeons?.......a neighbor is sitting at home wondering how much business he has lost now and in the future (elective surgery). Locally the Palm Beach boat show was postponed twice! (not cancelled since they don't want to refund the vendors money)....How many dealers laid out money to be in the show that never happened and didn't even get the chance to sell a single product big or small? How would you like to be a Viking dealer with 10+ brand new boats worth 50mm? Nobody is buying that big stuff even if it was 40% off..........Where are you going to go on your new yacht? Bahamas? Nope, whole country is closed.

My comment was to loosen up on places with less cases. Obviously ground zero places like NYC have to stay shut down.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 04-12-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by SABER28
Are you OK with summer home owners and weekend tourists from areas like Detroit and Chicago visiting now ? The population up here in the Traverse City area wants everyone to stay home. Ed
Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Are you OK with summer home owners and weekend tourists from areas like Detroit and Chicago visiting now ? The population up here in the Traverse City area wants everyone to stay home. Ed
those are really two separate issues. one is how to deal with hot spots and containing them and the other is risk assessment. in antrim county where i spend my summers there are 8 cases and no deaths. this one size fits all "solution" she came up with is killing the whole state because detroit is a mess. luckily i dont think the republican legislature will give her any more time for her to play dictator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.