33-36 Ft Center Console Nor-Tech, Statement, others >

33-36 Ft Center Console Nor-Tech, Statement, others

Notices

33-36 Ft Center Console Nor-Tech, Statement, others

Old 04-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33-36 Ft Center Console Nor-Tech, Statement, others

I am just starting to look for a center console boat, I live in central florida, I have been looking at the Nor-Tech 340 and Statement 350, I am curious if anyone can tell me the difference in the two boats and areas where one is better then the other I am going to use the boat 80% time for entertainment 20% time fishing. I am open to other manufacturers as well if anyone has recommendations
Old 04-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Terry Martin / W.Kentucky
Platinum Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't answer your question directly, but we've also looked at both boats. My wife can't get past the lack of lounger seat and little to no storage (i.e. under console bedding, head, cabinets, etc). The Statement is a very good looking boat, and have come a long way with their graphics package. The 34 Sunsation has what she wants, but my good friend just bought one, so.... lol

Originally Posted by Outback1019 View Post
I am just starting to look for a center console boat, I live in central florida, I have been looking at the Nor-Tech 340 and Statement 350, I am curious if anyone can tell me the difference in the two boats and areas where one is better then the other I am going to use the boat 80% time for entertainment 20% time fishing. I am open to other manufacturers as well if anyone has recommendations
Old 04-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ALL_IN! View Post
I can't answer your question directly, but we've also looked at both boats. My wife can't get past the lack of lounger seat and little to no storage (i.e. under console bedding, head, cabinets, etc). The Statement is a very good looking boat, and have come a long way with their graphics package. The 34 Sunsation has what she wants, but my good friend just bought one, so.... lol
I just looked at the sunsation boat, very nice, I will have to look into this boat a little more, do you know if it handles big water as well as the nor tech? the fit and finish look really nice
Old 04-28-2020, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have over 500 hours in a 340 Nor-Tech and there is not one single thing I would change or didnít like in that boat. The only reason I sold it was because I got a good deal on a new 39.

Please donít take this as a bash to Statement but they are 2 different boats, and yes I have driven a Statement a few times.
The following users liked this post:
bleek (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have over 500 hours in a 340 Nor-Tech and there is not one single thing I would change or didnít like in that boat. The only reason I sold it was because I got a good deal on a new 39.

Please donít take this as a bash to Statement but they are 2 different boats, and yes I have driven a Statement a few times.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:06 PM
Registered

I appreciate the feedback as i have not been in either boat, i posted this thread looking for honest feedback from the boating community, and opinions on these boats and any other people think would be good to consider in the 33-36 ft size. When you say that the statement and nor tech are different boats could you tell me a little more about what you mean.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at Intrepid. They are built in Largo, FL. Ask for a factory tour so you can see what goes into making them. Customer service is second to none. They hold their value very well and you can custom build it to fit your needs.
Knot 4 Me (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 59 Posts

340 Nor-Tech.
bleek (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

With respect to the Sunsation I demo'd one at the Lake of the Ozarks a few years back before I bought my current Cig, LOTO is a washboard on busy weekends and at 25-30 mph my wife and daughter got douched by water over the bow when they were on the sun lounger. Has to do with the rake of the boat,(so I was told) and I have heard similar experiences from others. That being said this was a couple years ago and the I don't know if there have been design changes, however its something to consider given your 80/20 aspects. From what I saw the Nor-Tech fit n finish was nice, I think you will find the used pricing on these models will tell you what you need to know about quality and this coming from an owner of a Cig CC.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Have a lot of time in Statement and they are amazing.

However I do agree the two you are looking at are rather different as both have a set "set up" from the factory and are more semi custom really but the base layout stays pretty much the same (money does talk though if you want more custom).

So for that I think you need to get on both and see what one really fits your needs. They are both great as is the Sunsation as pointed out.

If it was me I am taking the Statement but I am also a bit biased. End of day really get on each and see what fits best as their is no bad choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.