Notices

Outboard Conversions

Old 05-08-2020, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

I’ve seen that ad and would like to know more about it too.

Id guess close to 90 depending hull weight.

And s blast to drive 😉

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Theres a velocity 30 with twin OBs. It’s blue. You should try to find out the numbers.

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...ck-o74518.html

Id bet this boat runs good
Old 05-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Theres a velocity 30 with twin OBs. It’s blue. You should try to find out the numbers.

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...ck-o74518.html

Id bet this boat runs good
I talked to the owner. He has twin 400's and it runs 90 which is pretty much what I run in a slightly smaller Velocity with my 700hp I/O. Based on our conversation it handles the same as mine so no benefit there. He did say fuel economy was real good about 12gph at 45. I get about 2.5mpg at 50-55 so pretty much the same there too. All in all it's a toss up, I build my own stuff so cheaper for me to go with an I/O for sure, and I have a lifetime warranty. LOL
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I talked to the owner. He has twin 400's and it runs 90 which is pretty much what I run in a slightly smaller Velocity with my 700hp I/O. Based on our conversation it handles the same as mine so no benefit there. He did say fuel economy was real good about 12gph at 45. I get about 2.5mpg at 50-55 so pretty much the same there too. All in all it's a toss up, I build my own stuff so cheaper for me to go with an I/O for sure, and I have a lifetime warranty. LOL
They are building a new 280 with the new twin 300's that should be interesting. I think its in rigging now.