Notices

Retire at Lake Norman

Old 05-25-2020, 12:20 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Lake Lanier GA - its North of Atlanta. . Nice lake many New Yorkers live in Atlanta suburbs - I visit almost every year. Weather - winter a bit warmer than the Carolinas.

Better food in around the area than the Carolinas minus Seafood most likely.

Anywhere within a 35 mile radius from dead center Atlanta - The traffic is a real PITA but no mater of any big city one lives in is a PITA these days.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Lake Lanier GA - its North of Atlanta. . Nice lake many New Yorkers live in Atlanta suburbs - I visit almost every year. Weather - winter a bit warmer than the Carolinas.

Better food in around the area than the Carolinas minus Seafood most likely.

Anywhere within a 35 mile radius from dead center Atlanta - The traffic is a real PITA but no mater of any big city one lives in is a PITA these days.

that’s where we are headed. Moving the shop from Syracuse NY to Gainesville area. We’re sick of NY.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:58 PM
BUP
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What do you do for living ? I would think boat related stuff in Gainsville could do well.

My brother went to SU way back in the 80s and was the not on the basketball team. He did try out as walk on but did not make it. He was the free throw champ for one year and won second place the next year at SU. They had this contest every year for anyone to enter. Anyways I would not be able to stand that weather in New York except June thru very early September. The reason why I left NY in the very early 80 s after college. Best thing I ever did.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

All great info! I'm not sure how far south I want to go, but keeping an open mind.

I do plan on renting a few houses this coming summer. Hopefully it works out with the current virus situation.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
I live in Sarasota but I’m in Priest River/Sandpoint a lot for business and vacation.
I spent a little time in New Zealand several years ago and Sandpoint reminds me a lot of Queenstown. Absolutely beautiful landscape and no crowds. The north Idaho winters may have something to do with keeping the hoards in check. Here in Fl winterizing means occasionally wearing long pants, but I’ll end up out there at some point, at least most of the year.
we have family in Boise, we visit yearly. Idaho is one of the prettiest states we have been. Quality of life looks amazing. Would love to move there someday. What do you do for work in sandpoint?
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by budd
we have family in Boise, we visit yearly. Idaho is one of the prettiest states we have been. Quality of life looks amazing. Would love to move there someday. What do you do for work in sandpoint?

I grow and ship strawberry plant stock for berry growers here in Florida. We plant in late April and dig/pack/ship in early October.
15,000,000 plants in 20 days!! Machine digs them up and shakes all the dirt off, but after that happens, they are sorted and each HAND PACKED by a large H2A crew from Baja Mexico.
Entire crew lives in employee housing on the farm and goes BACK to Ensenada as soon as we are done.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

River is 6’ low in early November with the dam open. Sandpoint is about 8 mi up river, at that point your in Lake Pend Orielle, which has 85mi or so of shoreline
Old 05-29-2020, 12:03 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Have you considered LOTO??? Cost of living, taxes and real estate are relatively low. 400k would buy a pretty nice house on the water.
The following users liked this post:
TURBO JET (05-29-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 12:34 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by Griff
Have you considered LOTO??? Cost of living, taxes and real estate are relatively low. 400k would buy a pretty nice house on the water.

I have thought about this as well but not really to make a nice home move but move my business there. I have many people tell me I should have moved there many years ago for business and few shops in the past 3 years have asked me if I want a job with their companies.

So how hot are the summers there ? and how cold are the winters there. Also does it snow in the winter months ? I have been there in past for boating events but it was for 3 day trips only. So hard to say how the whole summer weather is thou out when visiting for 3 days only .
Old 05-30-2020, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Hoodoo

That looks like beautiful country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.