Notices

Retire at Lake Norman

Old 05-30-2020, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I have thought about this as well but not really to make a nice home move but move my business there. I have many people tell me I should have moved there many years ago for business and few shops in the past 3 years have asked me if I want a job with their companies.

So how hot are the summers there ? and how cold are the winters there. Also does it snow in the winter months ? I have been there in past for boating events but it was for 3 day trips only. So hard to say how the whole summer weather is thou out when visiting for 3 days only .
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climat...tates/usmo1638
Old 05-30-2020, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Lake Heartwell

Lake Heartwell is a great lake and a awesome place to live. My in laws had a vacation home there for years, i"d look there, super nice people and food down there also.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo

I grow and ship strawberry plant stock for berry growers here in Florida. We plant in late April and dig/pack/ship in early October.
15,000,000 plants in 20 days!! Machine digs them up and shakes all the dirt off, but after that happens, they are sorted and each HAND PACKED by a large H2A crew from Baja Mexico.
Entire crew lives in employee housing on the farm and goes BACK to Ensenada as soon as we are done.
Wow ! This is amazing.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:13 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I have thought about this as well but not really to make a nice home move but move my business there. I have many people tell me I should have moved there many years ago for business and few shops in the past 3 years have asked me if I want a job with their companies.

So how hot are the summers there ? and how cold are the winters there. Also does it snow in the winter months ? I have been there in past for boating events but it was for 3 day trips only. So hard to say how the whole summer weather is thou out when visiting for 3 days only .
Not as hot as Texas. Summer temps 80-90* highs most of the time but some days in 70's and some into the low 100's with high humidity.
Snow is pretty minimal most winters and temps prob about 20* cooler than DFW area. Even a few inches of snow will cause havoc with all the hills. Once in a while a big storm will roll through and dump 6-10 inches or some freezing rain.
Biggest issue I see for you since you travel frequently is no major airport. One small airport at LOTO and then Columbia and Springfield are an hour+ away.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 415 Likes on 244 Posts

Thanks for all the beautiful locations suggested. As of now, I'm looking to move to a little warmer place with less harsh winters. Also think i want to stay more towards the east coast.