Notices

How can this sport grow?

Old 11-14-2002, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2000 St. Pete Worlds were my first race and I have been hooked ever since. What a great venue.

I have not seen anything like that in the past 2 years.

Great pits, everything close together.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

when i look at the numbers and compare to other classes they are strong (meaning F-2 and F-1), by no means are they compareable to years past but the politics, economy have a big part in this. As the topic stated what can we do to make it better i put the numbers up to show a broad picture, i am working on sbi and we can have totals of both. in a ideal world we could start our own race league everybody would race, sponsors would beg to get a piece of the pie and we would all live forever, but we know that wont happen. so it is back to the grind stone, the guys that have been around forever, have seen the good and the bad. we should be able to see from thier insight.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

There are more classes than boats in the each class

you could get rid of some of them and not hurt anything

the people who race p-class do it for the thrill, they would find a way to get into F-1 or F-2

my .02

Last edited by Wild; 11-14-2002 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:04 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

agreed but which ones
Old 11-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

Teams need to be profesional, if you read Montano Hartman Motorsports in Pokerruns, that is how a team should run, no drinking by anyone, Driver, throttleman, owner need to be doing PR.

Like any other business, apperance is alot
Old 11-14-2002, 03:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ron get me in a boat and put me in fornt of acamera and i'll make a scene!!!

As for my comment on booze and bikinis. I didt; mean that it shodu be drunken orgy. BUT when you go to football game its fun as hell to get a little drunk and start scraeming and yelling. Hell being a jets fam we have alooney fireman that gets the crowd all fired up. As forteh bikinis. YOu can most definatly haev hot ladie sin bikinis and still keep a family environment.

Hell this IS racing. And all racing has to have trophy girl!! EVEN SCCA club races have a trophy girl!!!

Races are too long also. Its a one shot deal. THe start is teh most excitin part once they get spread out it gets old cus you can't easily follow it. Running heats and so forth owudl add more of an event atmosphere to it. Several open pracitce session and then qualifiers and split shorter main events woudl be moreinteresting thaone one big cluster **** race with one boat going by every 30 seconds with the fleet spread out over 6 miles.

the start. The Milling cirlce??? I've read the rule book 3 or 4 times(i want to run p class when I get my boat togther eventually) and it still barely makes sense.

F1 (cars) standing starts. Theya er a hoot.
I forget teh class byut i know in vintage racin gthey o it sometimes. Pit starts. The are all lined up in the pit they fire the gun and the driver run to the cars jump in fir ethe engein and take off!!!! Now that would be sick!!! could you imagine 5 supercats hauling ass of out eth marina and onto the course???
Maybe qualifier would determined who got doackage closest to the course. Or maybe i jusy like carnage....

Last year @ SBI nyc when firewater missed the first three laps and hauled ass full tilt out of liberty that was cool!!!! It was excitint to see and the crowd (i was on land) got a kick out of it!

Perhaps some alternative types of offshore racing. Some kind of rally like racing. Several timed segements over a courses. set up bouys so they actually ave to manuver not just drag race for 2 miles and make 2 sweepign turns. I'm talking like cichcaines and S turns!!!! One car at a time and see who can actually A. negotiage the course B. make it through quickly. Perhaps use an excetric "road course" with a bunch of boats at eth same time. Like a super G downhill race!!!

Circle racing woudl be fun if the entire fleet was within like 200 yards. I think we shodu look at SCCA event or American LeMans events for structure they run multiple classes and speed car on eth course at eth same time too. AN di still reallyliek my bayliner racing league idea!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:11 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by Wild
..... the people who race p-class do it for the thrill, they would find a way to get into F-1 or F-2

my .02
Not ..... The P-class racers are the real OFFSHORE racers, all the others are stadium racers

If I want to watch stadium races, I'll watch GN boats.

G
Old 11-14-2002, 03:11 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

oh yeah booze is for spectator only. UNTIL the race is over!!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Puder, you should run the APBA that would be some intense racing. very cool
Old 11-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Registered

The races I have been to the locals didn;t even know they were in town, what type of advertising does the APBA do before the event?

Quick Reply: How can this sport grow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.