Notices

How can this sport grow?

Old 11-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,308 Likes on 3,706 Posts

Ron P,
What about if a class has less than 4 boats they go to the outlaw class for their speed bracket, i know there are problems with that in itself. as for what classes, to me super vee is the next to go by the wayside, and although i like the class 3 boats will not make it advance, it appears SVL I and II with the backing of vortec is a good class and has potential.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now any boat can race if the owner has the cash. If the boat doesn't fit a class, they'll invent one. That's fine for P class racing. That's run what ya brung stuff and should primarily be run on a divisional level.

What needs to happen is for the sanctioning body to declare what a race boat is with three years of advanced warning. If you want to race on Sunday, pick one of these three classes based on the size of your wallet, experience and balls.

If you want to be a part of "THE REAL SHOW" there is only one class to attend... Supercat.

An hour long TV show would have 5% about F1, 5% about F2 and 90% about Supercat.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Jo,
your idea kind of sounds like they way the UIM Class 1 events are. From the post on the first page.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,308 Likes on 3,706 Posts

with the number that were posted earlier we have 3 potential APBA racesand 0 SBI races that is with 7 or more super cats.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:38 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

woudl apba or sbi be interested in live web video coverage? i think it coudl be done. I haev soem ideas. If i can get some free time i haev some ideas i'd like to present to the right people.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Brian,

I am not knocking the P class, you boat is awsome, I was in it in the bahamas, very cool. I even said the p class boats are under more stess with the higher hp motors,

The bottom line is that there are too many classes, its confusing.

Put Winston cup with Busch cars on the same track and see what you get.

my vote and opinion

Sat, open cockpit boats p-1-5 F1 F2
Sun canopy boats SVL1 SVL2 SVL and all CATS

just .02

I will help out anyway I can to get this sport rolling, I have the itch bad

Randy Wild
Old 11-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread should be started on APBAs site, or email it to Michael

I don't know if it would help
Old 11-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Registered

Ron, i started racing in sbi 3 years ago, my first year was great, my second year i quit because of another racer who threatened to get me on the race course because of a personel problem he had with the people who build my motors ( this was brought to the attention of SBI and no action was taken). Now in my third year i throttle for another team, but that same person who threatened me is still on the race course. To start SBI needs to get rid of the people who make racing uncomfortable for other racers and their families (Kevin Erim of outlaw racing). As for at the race sight how about an anouncer and big screen tv's so the Fans can see and know what is going on. Keep SBI going JERSEY BOYZ RULE.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

A thought on parity. As much as the racers might not like it because it penilizes a crew who works hard for that last MPH. It adds greatly to the show. In NO, watching Pier 57 lap the field was OK but boring compared to lead changes and deck to deck racing.

Nascar is all about parity. No one gets an upper hand for long. Like it or not. The fans love side by side racing and they don't care if your carrying some penilty wieght in the boat or not.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:06 PM
Registered

Default Msgangway,

MsGangway! Welcome aboard.
I started to follow this thread for the subject matter, but had to do a double take when I saw you logged in here. I can see T2x has also noticed you. Welcome aboard.

Philip

Last edited by Philip; 11-14-2002 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: How can this sport grow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.