Pratt Industries Taking Tilt Trailer Orders

Notices

Pratt Industries Taking Tilt Trailer Orders

Old 10-27-2020, 12:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Pratt Industries Taking Tilt Trailer Orders

The Pratt Industries tilt trailer for Alex Pratt’s 48-foot MTI isn't just a one-off build—the Michigan company is starting to manufacture the trailers for several catamaran builders.

https://www.speedonthewater.com/prat...trailer-orders
Old 10-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Any chance they are running the same bottom mapping technology that the former Broward trailer was using to get the perfect fit/support on a hull btm???
Old 10-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Skater builds its own trailers, plus they are the cleanest ones out there. Why would someone order something else- I’m thinking it has to be price or relationship
The following users liked this post:
skate (10-30-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Skater builds its own trailers, plus they are the cleanest ones out there. Why would someone order something else- I’m thinking it has to be price or relationship
His company is only trailers so why not get into the game? it makes a lot more sense then a boat company that also builds trailers as well.

not sure if you have looked at Pratt trailers but they are a BIG operation with a lot more tech and time than Skater in the trailer game, be it just wasnt boats before was all.
Jason Johnson (10-30-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

IMHO, If you can build a better mouse trap for the same $$$$ (or less) with the same or higher end bells or whistles - you just created space in the market place. Peter seen a void in the market and diversified into Skater Trailers.... these guys are just adding to their offering, so that really isn't a big stretch for them.

I hope they build and sell a bundle as there are very few trailer companies building tilts.
The following 5 users liked this post by speicher lane:
bulletbob (10-29-2020), Griff (10-29-2020), Jason Johnson (10-30-2020), Nate5.0 (10-28-2020), precisiondetails (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
His company is only trailers so why not get into the game? it makes a lot more sense then a boat company that also builds trailers as well.

not sure if you have looked at Pratt trailers but they are a BIG operation with a lot more tech and time than Skater in the trailer game, be it just wasnt boats before was all.
I never said Pratt shouldn’t get in the game!! I asked why would the Skater customer not buy a Skater trailer... have you seen a Skater trailer? I challenge you to find a better looking and put together trailer!! Your point is completely irrelevant considering Skater builds the trailers right next to the boats and has all the measurements.

Again never knocked Pratt

Last edited by precisiondetails; 10-28-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I never said Pratt shouldn’t get in the game!! I asked why would the Skater customer not buy a Skater trailer... have you seen a Skater trailer? I challenge you to find a better looking and put together trailer!! Your point is completely irrelevant considering Skater builds the trailers right next to the boats and has all the measurements.

Again never knocked Pratt
The simple answer is some people just want something different or maybe with more options to personal/customize as well.

Seen plenty of skaters in my life, most dont ride on a skater trailer. I am sure its not because Peter makes a bad trailer, it am betting it is more ease of other options, cost, and other things. This is just another name in the game but one that has a great and long track record in the trailer biz is all.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

They are definitely going to be top notch. If they are the same or less money then it's a winner for everyone. I'd seriously consider one if I go to a new build on a boat.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:04 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

There is some scarcity in trailer options. There is room for another player.

I wish them noting but success. A rising tide lifts all ships—a cliche, for sure, but applicable.
Sydwayz (10-30-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

A tilt built to commercial mechanical standards- instead of recreational specs using light duty components, would add a lot of reliability and confidence when towing the big cats.

Really looking forward to seeing what a proven commercial fabricator can bring to the market.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kelly O:
BONDO10 (10-30-2020), Nate5.0 (10-29-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.