Notices

Raylar Stage 2 Kit

Old 08-08-2021, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok. I’ll look into it. I’m not familiar so I don’t have much of a response until I understand more about what your suggesting. Thanks
Old 08-08-2021, 06:58 PM
Registered

Default 35’ cigarette Cafe Racer

Part of my thinking, which I’m happy to have anyone tell me I’m wrong about or point out the errors in my thinking is the overall value of a 35’ Cigarette Cafe Racer.

There is Cafe Racer for sale that is a beautiful boat done by Carter Boats. It’s arguable perfect and they want $100K. He also has a Cafe Racer that has been painted but no engines for $37K. So, I think you could make the argument that $100k is the top of the market for a current boat.

I’m looking to keep whatever I do well under that with the assumption that mine might be worth $80k or $85K with or without new engines.

No matter what my boat is worth, my point is engines worth $100K just don’t make sense to me unless something happens to mine and I just need to replace things to be able to use it. Then, I’ll do what I have to do or sell it if my family is no longer interested.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

"No matter what my boat is worth, my point is engines worth $100K just don’t make sense"

Psssst......You start saying crazy crap like that and they might throw you off this site! LOL!

Last edited by CDShack; 08-09-2021 at 01:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TICafeRacer (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

It's worth whatever it's worth *TO YOU*. Every 100K boat for sale out there probably has $130-150K in it. I had about $105K in my 1991 Cafe Racer (after 2 new motor builds, new transom assemblies, etc), and I took $60K when I sold it.

If it was reliable and enjoyable to run without worrying about poor workmanship leaving me stranded, I would have kept it.

So, if you spend your money RIGHT, it can provide you with many years of enjoyable boating and be money well spent for a hobby that's expensive no matter how you slice it.

The following users liked this post:
TICafeRacer (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:49 PM
Registered

I understand. However, what I’m talking about is not necessary yet. If it were necessary stuff to keep it on the water and enjoy with my family, I’d spend what I need to do that. I look at the current discussion as voluntary and not needed or at least not yet. Which may in fact be the answer that I keep getting from people which is leave it alone until needed.