Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!! >

They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Notices

They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by eMotiondriver

Road Rage is a made up thing by the defense. ROAD RAGE is just another way out or MURDER.
Actually, "road rage" isn't a legal defense to ANYTHING I can think of. If I recall correctly, it is a term invented by psychologists and the media to explain a rash of interstate shootings in California. (I am not positive about where.) Try not to blame everything on the defense bar.

If you think about it, I think passing a car, pulling over, and getting out would be classified as "road rage", too. Don't get me wrong, it certainly doesn't justify killing someone, but it is still a pretty aggressive act. I just think people ought to think twice before escalating a situation. Every day, I represent normal people who escalated situations, or shot someone that escalated situations.

Several weeks ago, someone put up a humorous but accurate post about "Rules For A Gunfight". A friend e-mailed it to me earlier in the week. I would direct your attention to #23:

"23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong
commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. "

Becca and Babybro, all the rest of us can hope for you guys is a healthy recovery from this tragedy, and that some good may come of it. Remember, we don't always recognize the good that comes from disaster, but it comes in unusual ways. It could be that this event takes a maniac off the streets, or inspires a bright E.R. tech to go to med school and specialize in trauma cases. The world is a funny place, but good arises in the strangest of places.

Peace.

P.S. T2x really did say it best.

Last edited by KaamaScarab30; 11-15-2002 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:14 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...............still praying..............
Old 11-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

T2x Thanks, well said. good thoughts for all involved.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Default Hit and run newspaper article

Here is the story as reported by "The Record"..
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...&page=5667627. The picture that they are painting is not a very pretty one. The Hit and Run driver is a 56 year old man, a retired Computer Professional, no wife, no kids, and a "Clean Driving Record" as the newspaper puts it. DanL the newspaper is reporting, has had (7) license suspensions, 11 tickets etc. This seems all one way, The paper does say Dan has not had any tickets since 1991, but that fact is pretty obscure. The point is THE DRIVER OF THE P/U TRUCK RAN DAN OVER, not the other way around, and after hitting Dan LEFT HIM THERE TO DIE. Dan might be alive if the man who hit him would have called for help, and not ran away. According to the newspaper, you can see which way the reporters sentiment is angled. The fact is Dan is dead, and emergency help might have prevented Dan's death.
Philip

Last edited by Philip; 11-16-2002 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Devil's Island

Becca and BabyBro:

May God bless you and keep you strong through your personal struggles. When the pain begins to subside, may you someday rejoice in the happiness of knowing that you be reunited with all your loved-ones in the end.

Old 11-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My prayers go out to the DanL family. I find myself in disbelief over what has happened.

God bless!
Old 11-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I quite possibly overstepped my bounds, but I sent a letter to the editor reprimanding him of the tone of that article in the "Record". I did not know Dan well enough to speak like I did, but like many here, I felt he was family.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Registered

KaamaScarab30,

There was a case in MD courts that used road rage for the reason a crime was committed.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

I also read this newspaper article with disgust and responded in turn. For the love of God let the man rest in peace!!!!!!!!

Dear Editor,

It is with disgust that I read the coverage of a tragic event today in your newspaper. The article revolves around the death of an extended family member to myself, and over six thousand others. Your editorial viewpoint serves to paint the VICTIM, Daniel Lanza, as a criminal, and not the victim of a crime. Your decision to run Mr. Lanza's driving history reflects your poor judgement, and only serves to skew the facts in what should be recognized as a case of hit and run, resulting in the death of Mr. Lanza.

Sheer respect for the family of the deceased would dictate that you would try to amass all of the information prior to printing such an article. I read with interest the fact that you chose to print the "fact" that the defendant is a "good and peaceful person". This good and peaceful person waited almost two weeks before turning himself in, a move likely prompted by community pressure, and the proliferance of flyers indicating his vehicle left the scene.

Please let Mr. Lanza rest in peace, and see to it you cover the rest of the case with the dignity, and respect that Daniel Lanza earned in his all too short life. I am certain once the facts come out, there will be no question that Mr. Harvey's actions took the life of an innocent man.

Whether you choose to print these facts is another story.

Mr. Kevin King
Old 11-16-2002, 06:11 PM
ShipWrecked

Last edited by ShipWrecked; 11-16-2002 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.