Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tinus Marine Showing Off Two New Checkmate Models At This Week’s In-House Boat Show >

Tinus Marine Showing Off Two New Checkmate Models At This Week’s In-House Boat Show

Notices

Tinus Marine Showing Off Two New Checkmate Models At This Week’s In-House Boat Show

Old 02-06-2021, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Gotta shovel some ish then I think we’re heading to tinus. Family has had dealings with them in the past and I can say they are a class act organization.

J-bonz, let’s meet us sometime. Winnebago and the connecting lakes/rivers are a great time, we have a good crew of powerboaters. Be happy to show you around, for a ride on the scout of course 😉
Did you make down? How did it look on person? I never made it, to much shoveling bad basement bathroom remodel. As for meeting, that would be great! I am once I boat up there I will he hooked. I love spending the whole weekend on a boat and putting some distance down and go somewhere. Don’t get that much going around in circles down here...
Old 02-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Yes we did make it to Tinus. It was great to be in a boat show atmosphere. It was quiet on a Sunday afternoon with the weather but I’m glad we went. The 2000brx already had a sold tag on it. Both the 2400 and 2000brx were what you’d expect from a checkmate, solid, sharp looking, looks fast sitting on the trailer. The 2400brx looks great with a 400r! Quite a few other boats to check out as well, it’s cool to see what the pontoon manufacturers are coming up with these days and the aluminum fishing boats have come a long way. Got to talk with Tim Tinus and Clint from Caldwell marine design (checkmate) for a while. Good down to earth conversations. An OB Checkmate is definitely on my list for a smaller inland lake boat.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

I hear ya, getting out, seeing new stuff, and talking boats had to been enjoyable. I used to work at a boat store back in Ohio that sold glass and alum fishing boats. I appreciate seeing the new product also. I even enjoy checking out other’s rigging. That had to been a cool convo with Those guys. It’s always cool to make that connection