Now this is a bad day on the water >

Now this is a bad day on the water

Notices

Now this is a bad day on the water

Old 02-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Damn..... I did miss that entirely! Now I feel silly, sad and miss informed. Carry on!
Don't be! You'll never get that time back if you've read that thread.
The only way to describe that thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by cheech:
bajaholic (02-03-2021), TomZ (02-09-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Here was a Good February day Tuesday on GLOC
The following 2 users liked this post by Quinlan:
CDShack (02-04-2021), Helmwurst (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

This is a rare day on the Straits of Mackinaw. I've also had to get a boat back to the harbor in 10'-12' waves, wish I had that one on video. I've watched waves crash over the top of freighters out here.
The following 4 users liked this post by ThisIsLivin:
CDShack (02-04-2021), Gimme Fuel (02-05-2021), Indy (02-04-2021), Quinlan (02-05-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
More like lake mead.
I sunk a 24ft party cat on lake mead. 2 year old boat, small craft warning. The bilge couldn't keep up, motor compartment was full of water and as soon as the motor drowned she went completely over backwards. Took 6 hours to float to shore on an inflatable air mattress, got picked up by ranger Rick. Hypothermia in 80 degree water, sick for a few days, had to pay to get the boat pieces of the boat, floated back to the surface and piled onto the trailer. Mead is my favorite.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

He's baaaaack!!!
Old 02-08-2021, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 416 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by tbev
i sunk a 24ft party cat on lake mead. 2 year old boat, small craft warning. The bilge couldn't keep up, motor compartment was full of water and as soon as the motor drowned she went completely over backwards. Took 6 hours to float to shore on an inflatable air mattress, got picked up by ranger rick. hypothermia in 80 degree water, sick for a few days, had to pay to get the boat pieces of the boat, floated back to the surface and piled onto the trailer. Mead is my favorite.
lol🙃
Old 02-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Old 02-09-2021, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by tbev
I sunk a 24ft party cat on lake mead. 2 year old boat, small craft warning. The bilge couldn't keep up, motor compartment was full of water and as soon as the motor drowned she went completely over backwards. Took 6 hours to float to shore on an inflatable air mattress, got picked up by ranger Rick. Hypothermia in 80 degree water, sick for a few days, had to pay to get the boat pieces of the boat, floated back to the surface and piled onto the trailer. Mead is my favorite.
I came close to doing the same, fortunately I made it to the harbor without sinking. I was in an 18' Glastron bow rider trying to get it back to the harbor in 5-6' waves on Lake Huron. That open bow acted like a big scoop. I had the bilge pump on manual and it couldn't keep up either. I could feel the boat flexing as I went over the waves. I had my jacket on and stayed close to shore in case it sunk.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I came close to doing the same, fortunately I made it to the harbor without sinking. I was in an 18' Glastron bow rider trying to get it back to the harbor in 5-6' waves on Lake Huron. That open bow acted like a big scoop. I had the bilge pump on manual and it couldn't keep up either. I could feel the boat flexing as I went over the waves. I had my jacket on and stayed close to shore in case it sunk.
lol. Lake Huron? Yes! And open bow boats are giant water scoops, just watch some Haulover Inlet videos!
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

I had neighbors in Sebastian Fla do similar and are lucky to be alive.

Problem is they both laugh it off like it was a joke.
People that shouldn’t own or run boats.

They took a 25’ Bayliner deck boat (rendezvous) out the The Sebastian Inlet while the tide was flowing out at WFO!

One of the guys (quadriplegic and the instigator!) was in a wheel chair and was thrown out too!

As they were going under the bridge, the boat broached, stuffed and rolled, throwing both passengers in the outgoing tide!
It gets worse, and is a freagin true story!

As they’re holding on to the overturned boat, drifting for the Atlantic and heading east at 5 mph......, the boat gets hit by an outgoing charter boat!!!
(wish I’d kept the pixs)
And the charter boat did not stop!!!

That damaged deck boat was stored in the back yard of the house we rented in Sebastian.
It had prop slices all the way down one side of the hull!
If you told me the motors gear ratio and slip, I could have calculated prop pitch by the slices in the side of the hull!!!

WTF people?
The following users liked this post:
Indy (02-09-2021)