Notices

Gas prices $$

Old 02-22-2021, 04:27 PM
  #71  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bradenton, Fl.
Posts: 149
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Welcome to the GREEN NEW DEAL. In which the US leads the world in the reduction of carbon emissions, but its citizens suffer the most from FAKE CLIMATE CHANGE EXPENDITURES. Ask Texas how good the Green New Deal treated them.
AmiableDave is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Dean Ferry (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 04:59 PM
  #72  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 3,345
Received 252 Likes on 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AmiableDave View Post
Welcome to the GREEN NEW DEAL. In which the US leads the world in the reduction of carbon emissions, but its citizens suffer the most from FAKE CLIMATE CHANGE EXPENDITURES. Ask Texas how good the Green New Deal treated them.
Yeah, I dont deny emissions are doing something. BUT! Are they our North American emissions? Kerry is about to spend $3T a year to reduce the temperature by .1 degree by 2060. I mean COME ON! The majority of that is going to insurance companies in the interim.

In the meantime, see China and Russia. They dont give a flying F! Its not an excuse, however, they should be decreasing trade till its corrected. Biden is giving them the farm in the meantime. If this was real, Biden would tie trade to emissions or green parameters to China trade. AND HE ISNT!
Keith Atlanta is offline  
Old 02-22-2021, 05:13 PM
  #73  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 176
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AmiableDave View Post
Welcome to the GREEN NEW DEAL. In which the US leads the world in the reduction of carbon emissions, but its citizens suffer the most from FAKE CLIMATE CHANGE EXPENDITURES. Ask Texas how good the Green New Deal treated them.
Not even close--The Texas failure was a direct result of choosing not to follow the F.E.R.C winterization recommendations following a similar failure in 2011--the largest shutdowns were in fossil fuel plants.

https://www.ferc.gov/sites/default/f...-11-report.pdf
1960brookwood is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 1960brookwood:
PA.WOODCHUCK (02-22-2021), ttuton (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 05:58 PM
  #74  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bradenton, Fl.
Posts: 149
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood View Post
Not even close--The Texas failure was a direct result of choosing not to follow the F.E.R.C winterization recommendations following a similar failure in 2011--the largest shutdowns were in fossil fuel plants.

https://www.ferc.gov/sites/default/f...-11-report.pdf
NOT even Close you say? Going with 25% Renewables on the electric grid which once was once fed by Power Plants is the reason why Texas is in the mess they are in...
That Link you posted is 10 years old showed 3.2 Million people with out electricity. Because of going GREEN, shutting down the plants, Texas now has put 4.5 Million in the dark and 21 dead...... Here ends the lesson.
AmiableDave is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Dean Ferry (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 06:20 PM
  #75  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 176
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AmiableDave View Post
NOT even Close you say? Going with 25% Renewables on the electric grid which once was once fed by Power Plants is the reason why Texas is in the mess they are in...
That Link you posted is 10 years old showed 3.2 Million people with out electricity. Because of going GREEN, shutting down the plants, Texas now has put 4.5 Million in the dark and 21 dead...... Here ends the lesson.
Read the article--these were the recommendations of a Federal agency following a similar event that Texas refused to follow! To quote the former Trump energy secretary:

"Rick Perry, the former Texas governor and energy secretary for the Trump administration, proclaimed on Wednesday that Texans would prefer to endure even longer outages “to keep the federal government out of their business” and stop Democrats from implementing regulations to address climate change."

Rick Perry would rather see billions of dollars of damage and loss of human life than follow federal guidelines--which is quite amazing coming from the former head of a federal agency??

Funny thing though--this was self inflicted as a result of ignoring federal oversight--but the first thing that happened was they went running to the government with their hand out expecting a bailout.
1960brookwood is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 1960brookwood:
Quinlan (Yesterday), ttuton (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 06:37 PM
  #76  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default

You can thank The talking cadaver in the White House for these gas prices And it's just going to get worse
Andy54 is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by Andy54:
Dean Ferry (02-22-2021), Griff (Yesterday), liberator221 (02-22-2021), PARASAIL941 (02-22-2021), stealthfever (Today)
Old 02-22-2021, 08:14 PM
  #77  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota FL. Priest River ID
Posts: 548
Received 361 Likes on 150 Posts
Default

1960, who do you blame when states that follow federal oversight have massive power outages due to overwhelming weather conditions?
hoodoo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Dean Ferry (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 08:57 PM
  #78  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: park hill OK
Posts: 82
Received 77 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Gas up .19 over the weekend. 2.43/gl, over a dollar a gallon up from a year ago under Trump's pre covid economy. My prediction is 2.92 per gallon on July 4th here in cheap gas Oklahoma. That of course translates to 3.50/gal 91 non ethanol boat fuel, which translates to more time tied up in the cove and less time hearing big block music.

April 2020
Shotgunn is offline  
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  #79  
Charter Member #737
Charter Member
 
KCHOTBOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: LOTO 31 mm
Posts: 1,406
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
None of that is fake. It is all FACT. Go look at the Biden executive orders.

I 100% disagree with your opinion that Trump did zero to help the middle class, of which I am a part of. The US economy was the best it has been in 20 years. All those middle class people saw their 401k's skyrocket in value. Unemployment rates were the lowest they had been in 25 years. Minority unemployment was at all time low. Trump believed in the Constitution and what it stood for. I can tell you my taxes went up every year Obama was in office and they went down with Trump.

Had it not been for Covid19, I'm 99% certain he would have been re elected. He got hammered in the media for how he handled C19. The fact is C19 was unprecedented. There was not enough PPE because the reserves were depleted during Obama. NEVER has a vaccine been so quickly developed and put into widespread distribution.

Home ownership rates fell every year during Obama and increased every year during Trump https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2003/
The only reason you don't like Trump is because he is Trump. Trump was his own worst enemy. 90% of his policies were very similar to Clinton's. A lot of policies were even similar Biden's from 10-30 years earlier.
Griff you and I go back 20 years or more. I respect your views. if you look the vaccine came it from a Germany from a husband and wife team. Which had nothing to do with trump. So he can't take credit. Fuel prices are going up do to the ice and snow storm in the south.. I do agree with every one else they will increase due to Biden.

On the home ownership we had a different issue. That was mortgage companies giving out worthless loans. No different than the 90's you had a job and you could buy a boat you could not afford. Remember CIT and all the Baja loans., I remember lot's of people buying Baja's at Big Thunder with balloon loans.
KCHOTBOAT is offline  
Old Today, 07:14 AM
  #80  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 11,580
Received 274 Likes on 118 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hoodoo View Post
1960, who do you blame when states that follow federal oversight have massive power outages due to overwhelming weather conditions?
Worth reading.
Josh Scott: “Something is not sitting right with me with Texas and it’s not just the weather.
So I got up this morning, made coffee and got to researching.
I started pulling Biden’s EOs this morning and I found something buried in the Keystone Piepline EO..... way towards the end of the doc.
It turns out that the same day Biden shut down the Keystone Pipeline, he also lifted the security on our power grid for 90 days (Trump’s EO the year prior secured our power grid by giving China no access.)
Here below is the snippet buried in Biden’s Keystone pipeline EO.
“c) Executive Order 13920 of May 1, 2020 (Securing the United States Bulk-Power System), is hereby suspended for 90 days. The Secretary of Energy and the Director of OMB shall jointly consider whether to recommend that a replacement order be issued.”
Just a small little paragraph tucked away in one of Biden’s EO’s the first day he was in office under the umbrella of “restoring science to tackle the climate crisis”.
You can find it here:
=AT0d8-1SnVn5RYV3RGa8SQnsKqgqyTImLiuvaaGeIvoxZHtMbmCdKqcm jUvYI9wMRS5l5daowepfZyFVXqQGT3Dr_rRQy4-5xYt6BoWof9GtF1R7luycZwIktHzfNyo1bodRWhcAsaqsF6DuY bAvEmrFgRqKa3dfrDgcERQoEgjyl2yOsCXl2G7IdQVcSFSkzqD CybcnSEsCpnE]https://www.whitehouse.gov/…/executive-order-protecting-pu…/
So I researched our energy transformers that supply our power grid.
Turns out, we have had zero transformers in this country that were manufactured in China prior to 2009. From 2009 -2019, China has manufactured 200 of our transformers, supplying 60% of our power grid.
Trump’s EO states this snippet, interestingly enough.
May 1, 2020 order, President Trump stated that
“the United States should no longer purchase transformers and other electric grid equipment manufactured in China. He signaled that it is important to end relationships that U.S. utilities have directly with Chinese businesses and multi-national companies manufacturing transformers in China, which are later plugged into the electric grid in the United States.
Chinese power equipment can be embedded with software and hardware that can be remotely accessed, enhancing China’s ability to commit cyberattacks. Because power transformers are huge and weigh between 100 and 400 tons, it is not easy to identify embedded software or hardware. There is also a potential hardware risk since counterfeit items can be easily put into large power transformers.”
You can read Trump’s EO here:
https://www.federalregister.gov/…/securing-the-united-state…
What prompted Trump’s EO was this prior report right here. The Department of Energy found in this report, that there were :
6 - US power transformer manufacturers
30 - Chinese power transformer manufacturers.
You can read the report here:
=AT0d8-1SnVn5RYV3RGa8SQnsKqgqyTImLiuvaaGeIvoxZHtMbmCdKqcm jUvYI9wMRS5l5daowepfZyFVXqQGT3Dr_rRQy4-5xYt6BoWof9GtF1R7luycZwIktHzfNyo1bodRWhcAsaqsF6DuY bAvEmrFgRqKa3dfrDgcERQoEgjyl2yOsCXl2G7IdQVcSFSkzqD CybcnSEsCpnE]https://www.energy.gov/…/2…/04/f15/LPTStudyUpdate-040914.pdf
Most recent projects were completed in
Houston
Las Vegas
New Jersey
If you lookup “ Electric Panda”.... you will wonder why in the heck this isn’t front page news now with Texas.
Conclusively, Biden, on his first day in office, opened up the American electrical grid to China.
His very first day in office. 3 weeks later, 5 million are without power and struggling to keep their families warm, and many livestock are unable to survive the emergent conditions caused by no power.”
I have one question, how much damage does enemy foreign or domestic has to inflict before we start protecting our country from it?
offshoredrillin is offline  
The following 6 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
AmiableDave (Today), Griff (Today), IGetWet (Today), poiuy10 (Today), stealthfever (Today), TomZ (Today)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.