Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
It just came on the market this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnN7WBs...=10gqkk4h5org4
Nice! Wish the timing was right.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 36' Sonic CC Cuddy off market, its MINT! The boat was stored in a barn and BARELY used, boat and motors only has 250-300 hours.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So nobody has anything bad to say about a Sunsation 34CCX for salt water use around the St. Pete, FL area? How does Sunsation compare to a luxury center console brand like Edgewater? My neighbor knows someone at the local Yacht dealer and they are trying to push Edgewater on us, but they are alot more $$$.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Renegade has come into the market over the last 12-18 months VERY strong. They spend your money wisely. An OSO member recently went from a plush 37AT to a new 36 Renegade, and he could not be happier. He was shopping Cig and NorTech, and others.
I personally like the NorTech and the Sunsation, but I would look hard at Renegade before I personally bought something in the segment.

https://renegadepboats.com/38open/
The following 2 users liked this post by Sydwayz:
rak rua (04-26-2021), Smarty (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE
So nobody has anything bad to say about a Sunsation 34CCX for salt water use around the St. Pete, FL area? How does Sunsation compare to a luxury center console brand like Edgewater? My neighbor knows someone at the local Yacht dealer and they are trying to push Edgewater on us, but they are alot more $$$.

Edgewater was founded by Bob Dougherty who created the iconic 13 Boston Whaler. Bob ran Whaler for decades, left and started Edgewater, then sold it and started Everglades. He died last year and Everglades was sold to a hedge fund group. His son Steve started another boat company called Solace. Like go fast manufacturers in the 70s, Whaler/Edgewater/Everglades were all built on the same block in Edgewater, FL.

None of Bob's designs would be considered performance boats, they are heavy and ride nice but are not step bottomed and are sleds. The flagship Everglades 435 with quad 425s runs about 60 mph, a Nortech/Sunsation would run 75+ with triple 400's. I like Everglades, I thought they were a step above a Edgewater boats. They are all expensive..........
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

A good friend has a Sunsation 34CCX with triple 400R on it. He loves the boat and is very happy with it. It has a large amount of space, and a ton of freeboard so its a nice dry ride and handles bigger water adequately. The triple 400R keep it punchy and it runs strong. Every time I have been out on the boat it has been a great time and I feel that its a good value for the money spent.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

For that budget I'd buy 2 150k boats and leave one at each house. Lot of boat can be bought for that.
Sydwayz (04-27-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
For that budget I'd buy 2 150k boats and leave one at each house. Lot of boat can be bought for that.
Thats some multi dimensional thinking right there.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
For a relatively in-expensive airline ticket, LOTO has all the boats you are looking at between the dealerships.

Big Thunder has Statement, Fountain and Donzi

Performance has Sunsation

Midwest Boating Center has Nortech

Marine Concept Motorsports has Renegade

Besides.... It could be a couple days mini-vacation, just be careful, you may not want to leave...
Absolutely agree!!! See them all from some of the best dealers in the country!

I will add that one thing that I do not like about some CC's is when the supports to the T-tops go to the gunwales instead of to the center console. Managing ropes around a dock can be a pain, and if you use it for fishing at all the gunwale supported t-tops will always be in the way. There are times that you have a big fish on you need to move to the front and back as you fight it, sometimes even going around the boat (especially at anchor where you have little control). Passing a $1000-$2000 fishing rig around these supports with a 350 pound grouper, a 7-8 foot shark, 80 pound amberjack, or 4' barracuda would be a handful. It is a moot point if you do not fish, but still feel like wrangling ropes could be a pain.
hoodoo (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE
I'll bite, I think they are ugly as hell.
flat rate (06-20-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.