Notices

Gas

Old 05-15-2021, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
lol - For when you get tired of gas/oil/upkeep on the whipples, there are options as Cig/Benz has you covered - just pack a long extension cable for recharging

That’s hella cool! Prolly hella pricey too
The following users liked this post:
SabrToothSqrl (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

that is one clean bilge.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I bought an electric mower , liked it so much I got the Milwaukee Electric trimmer this year
. That thing rocks.
Only thing that uses gas is the zero turn , when that dies hopefully there`s an electric model. I`m over the gas/oil/upkeep .
After my Tesla, I now have an electric week whacker, leaf blower, heat pump water heater, and pressure washer. Once the gas things die, they get replaced with no gas and no oil! Love my 40v weed whacker. I can use the leaf blower indoors on cars to dry them, etc.

Can't wait for my CyberTruck!
Old 05-16-2021, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
After my Tesla, I now have an electric week whacker, leaf blower, heat pump water heater, and pressure washer. Once the gas things die, they get replaced with no gas and no oil! Love my 40v weed whacker. I can use the leaf blower indoors on cars to dry them, etc.

I went electric mower and weed wacker, blower when we got rid of most of our grass.

as for the cybertruck, just wondering what the 3 motor range is pulling 10-11k. I mean if I bought that we would have our Halloween Mad Max costumes ready!
Old 05-16-2021, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

Isn’t something like 80% of the resources needed for batteries (rare earth minerals) controlled by China? If true, wouldn’t we be giving up energy self sufficiency for dependency on China?
The following 2 users liked this post by hoodoo:
Dean Ferry (05-17-2021), Saintofferndale (05-17-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 10:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
Isn’t something like 80% of the resources needed for batteries (rare earth minerals) controlled by China? If true, wouldn’t we be giving up energy self sufficiency for dependency on China?
Yes, more than 85% comes from China. Porsche has been leading the charge in Synthetic fuels and saying whole EV movement is blown out of proportion. Like many other people, they are putting the breaks on saying hold on! With battery production, battery DISPOSAL, and the strain on the electric grid, the electric vehicle footprint isnt that much better than fossil fuel vehicles, if at all. The automakers want everything electric by 2035 and I think its aggressive. Over the next couple years synthetic fuels are going to be huge. In 2022, IMSA and WEC both have hydrogen-powered race cars coming too.

I dont think the battery revolution is dead, but the internal combustion engine isnt dead yet either...
Google - The Hydrogen Revolution Has Begun - The End of Battery Technology

The following 5 users liked this post by Keith Atlanta:
1BIGJIM (05-17-2021), Dean Ferry (05-17-2021), Eddienel (05-17-2021), liberator221 (05-17-2021), Nothing personel 353 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

..and who makes the microchips that everyone uses throughout the day from the computer your using, cell phone or even the vehicle you drive (unless it's pre computer). I doubt there is any modern country that can make the claim self sufficiency. If there was a push to true self sufficiency, no one could afford the end product.... or would want the product due to it's short coming's in technology during the catch-up phase.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
..and who makes the microchips that everyone uses throughout the day from the computer your using, cell phone or even the vehicle you drive (unless it's pre computer). I doubt there is any modern country that can make the claim self sufficiency. If there was a push to true self sufficiency, no one could afford the end product.... or would want the product due to it's short coming's in technology during the catch-up phase.
That is absolutely true right there. Im having heck getting parts for my business because everything is electronic now and guess what. All the computer chips are from china. Credit card readers, coin acceptors (the sensors are from china). The list goes on. Parts that I could order and have in 3 days are months on back order. Its freaking ridiculous that country can release a biological weapon on the world and hold everyone hostage to their goods that we are dependent on. Yet our new government wants to pay people to not work or be self sufficient.
The following 3 users liked this post by Eddienel:
Dean Ferry (05-17-2021), DrFeelgood (05-17-2021), ThisIsLivin (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

This is why we sell jets (minus the higher tech) and other military items to other countries.

not because they can't make it themselves granted it would be an inferior product, but because we supply the parts.

Act in our best interests or No parts, No fly, No put up fight, No win war.

i learned that when i was 7 years old, make parents mad ='s; no allowance - no candy - no boat - no rowboat - no bicycle - no campfire - no swimming - no fun - confined to the patio for the weekend, maybe if your on best behavior all week the embargo will be lifted.

anybody confused why so much stuff is made in china, just cut the supply off, no phone texties to bff's and your kids would be down getting vaccinated and providing an itemized list of weapons, ammo, cash, etc etc.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Yes we sold US rare earth companies to China long ago, in the name of profit we have sold everything off. Not all chips are made in China they are also made in Japan, Taiwan and I am sure more. I use to go to China a lot for my job as a supplier to GM, they had a huge engineering center in Shanghai as well as production plants.

After going into their government planning center I could see back than that they were smoking us. Short to long term (100 year) plans, used our and the rest of the worlds money to educate their people and now our companies shift development and engineering to them because it is cheaper.
Used to say then there can never be another world war, the entire planet is depended on stuff from all over. I think a lot of people would be surprised how much stuff comes out of Vietnam. Meanwhile our government focuses on the next election in 2 years and how to make the other side look bad, whoever the other side is.

It is sickening.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
DrFeelgood (05-17-2021), Interceptor (05-17-2021), TomZ (05-17-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.