Notices

Performance Cruisers

Old 11-19-2002, 01:59 PM
DIESELBRI64

Default Performance Cruisers

I have been a member for some time and enjoyed lurking. I now am ready to graduate to posting. My questions is that I am looking for a performance cruiser, no it is not an oximoron. I know this is mostly a high performance group but I am hoping that you can help. I need to get out of my current high performance boat and change gears for some time to accomidate my family. I am looking in the 35 plus range and trying to spend no more than275k. I want a boat that can run in the 55-60 +mph range( is this unrealistic) but yet have plenty of room in the cockpit for lounging out and entertaining, and extremely comfortable accomidations in the cabin. I have three children who enjoy being out on the water but also we want to spend every weekend at our marina on it. I have looked into pure performance offshore boats but found that the cockpits are small and the cabins seems to have no headroom. Any suggestions, I know Formula makes a SuperSport.

Old 11-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to look at the Cary 50. They are older boats but very accomodating. Power is usually 4 big-blocks, but you can find them with diesels. Most run in the 50-55 mph range and many have had engine upgrades from the 420 horse engines.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fountain, Formula and Sunseeker come immediately to mind.
(Priced in that order, too)

Each have models which can be considered 'high-performance' cruisers having both decent speeds, yet don't sacrifice the ammenities.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

fountain express cruiser or donzi ZCX
Old 11-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Registered

You didn't say new or used, or where you were going to use it.
Formula makes a pretty fast 40' cruiser. Very nice boat. Theres a supercharged one on LOTO (Owned by owner of procharger) that runs around 70.
38 or 42' Bajas can be bought with Gen and AC. May be a little cramped, but very fast for a large boat.
Wellcraft makes a 40+' Excalibur. Quite a bit of room, including headroom, all the amenities for the wife anf kids, and runs around 50mph.
Fountain 38 cruiser. Raised deck gives more headroom, but it may be a little small. Very fast though.
Those are the only ones I've ridden on, so that's my $0.02.
Gary
Old 11-19-2002, 02:15 PM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't seen a performance boat with good head room, you MUST check out the Sonics and the Black Thunders. Boat have boats with over 6' of headroom. I have a feeling that the Black Thunder is exactly what you are looking for and it's still a performance boat.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sonic

I remember someone had a 41 Sonic for sale at one hell of a price.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Registered

Your description of what you want has FORMULA 400 SS written all over it. The FORMULA has everything you are looking for and can be had "new" in your price range.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:49 PM
DIESELBRI64

Keep the suggestions coming. I really appreciate all the feedback. I want something new or at least a 2001 or newer. I like the black thunders but I would want to change the seating. I really like the area of the cockpit in the formula supersport where it has the rear wrap around seating, the table in the back. But I wonder if black thunder, would do something like that? What kind of Power would you need in a Formula SS to hit 65, what about the black thunder?

Thanks

Old 11-19-2002, 03:03 PM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't own a Black Thunder, but I have been on them at the boat shows. Check out their website:

http://www.blackthunder.com/

Quick Reply: Performance Cruisers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.