Notices

Highest bid

Old 09-20-2021, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
if your randomly buying 400k boats to add to the collection.. somehow i dont think storage is an issue....
Yeah, fair enough. But it still cuts down the number of people who would/could consider buying something like this. You can buy a collector car and store one in your own garage at home, even the most expensive one takes up only as much space as your grocery getter. Buying a collector car doesn't mean you are buying a whole warehouse full of collector cars.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Archer
The only thing that was wrong with it was it wasn't done back to original. In my opinion was a mistake should of had the Open Class engines and the correct drives it you were looking at it as a collectors item. Just one persons opinion Dan
what drves were original to the boat 3a's ? Agree on this boat should've been as original.
while i like the paint, and understand the hull sides and deck designs are original/same, the white and (orangey-red outline i think) would have been better. Either way congratulations to both buyer and seller.

tmmii, i'm sorry you didn't get it.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
It's also a bit more difficult to store a 41' boat than it is a car.
And that’s just tne beginning…….
We all know how much work it is to get your boat ready for a days outing and then how much effort to clean up afterwards. Regular maintenance and checks, even when not in use. Plus you’re a bit weather dependent, even in an Apache. 🙂 Much easier to collect just about anything else on Earth. That said, it’s a great piece of history, the buyer and seller agree the price is acceptable and I hope the new owner gets plenty of enjoyment from his legendary boat.

If Jay Leno or Jerry Seinfeld are reading this post, please ignore…. Respectfully, I don’t know what it’s like to live in your world.

RR
The following users liked this post:
dykstra (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
Yeah, fair enough. But it still cuts down the number of people who would/could consider buying something like this. You can buy a collector car and store one in your own garage at home, even the most expensive one takes up only as much space as your grocery getter. Buying a collector car doesn't mean you are buying a whole warehouse full of collector cars.
I think you are bolstering my argument…which is the car collecting world is infinitely bigger than marine/boat collecting.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
I think you are bolstering my argument…which is the car collecting world is infinitely bigger than marine/boat collecting.
Yep. I agree with that statement.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I'd say the BAT platform worked great for this sale. The only Apache I remember seeing sell in a week was Bull Roar a few months ago (another nice boat with some good history)

I think the history of Warpath is what drove the bidding (it is the first hull, the race history etc). I don't think if you listed a regular performance boat that you would get the interest/bids.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
i tend to agree. However the car collecting world is infinitely bigger than the boat collecting world.

maybe that’s why there is such a disparity?
Because you need a step ladder to look inside a boat.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:16 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

been thinking about this for a while. its a special buy not all 41s will bring this type of money. its a old boat and new boats are maybe, maybe not built better. its not a numbers matching boss 429 or F40. Shelby etc . boats just do not go up in value like cars. at 400k its a good buy for what it is. you cant have a new one build for that by any of the 41 apache molds out there
Old 09-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
been thinking about this for a while. its a special buy not all 41s will bring this type of money. its a old boat and new boats are maybe, maybe not built better. its not a numbers matching boss 429 or F40. Shelby etc . boats just do not go up in value like cars. at 400k its a good buy for what it is. you cant have a new one build for that by any of the 41 apache molds out there
as i said i another thread you can have Saber build you a 2022 41 from the original molds with modern layup with similar power for $550k.

dont get me wrong, i have been a fan of these since the were new and racing OPT in the early 90's. and if i was rich, which i'm not, i would have a really hard time spending 400k on a ten year old restoration that if you look close is showing its age.

but it would be sweet to pull up to a dockside restaurant in it. lol
The following 2 users liked this post by SABER28:
TURBO JET (09-22-2021), underpsi68 (09-21-2021)