Prices for Whipple 496HO Mods: >

Prices for Whipple 496HO Mods:

Notices

Prices for Whipple 496HO Mods:

Old 12-26-2002, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellows

I just couldn't resist getting in on this one . I read all the post and I will agree with all ya'll that you want more power and a little more speed out of ya'll's boats. I will commend Dustin for giving you the straight facts and not trying to blow smoke up ya'll's skirts like some will do. Fact is it takes ALOT of HP to make a boat go faster All ya'll with single engines need to look at how much weight ya'll are pushing with one drive, same goes for the twin engine guys. I was pushing 6000# per drive with my FORMULA 382 when FULLY loaded in what I call "poker run" trim. I only blew two drives ('96 BRAVO 1'S) and consider myself lucky. I know most of ya'll do not boat in S. Fl. waters and hop the boat out of the water, niether did I, but **** happens. I see a lot of people get out of HP boating because they make the decesion to raise the HP level of their boat and all of the sudden it starts breaking every weekend and they get tired of it (Wife says, If it breaks one more time, you gotta SELL IT) and they never come back . I hope that all ya'll will look at what ya'll are doing and what is the ultimate goal of your boating. Just a thought,'cause I hate to see so many people get out of HP boating 'cause it cost too much (broken ****). Good luck with your quest for speed and I hope that Dustin is able to help, just remember where you want to go with this BTW, if I knew what I know NOW, I would've kept the FORMULA and been the slowest guy in the poker runs and hade MORE FUN than the fast guys . Didn't mean to go off on a tangent, but it takes alot of money per year to keep the 41 running to where I don't worry at poker runs as to whiether I'm going to make it home or not. My most economical boat was the 382 FORMULA, 500+hrs and NO problems . Take care and Merry Chistmas to all .

Robert

Last edited by Tonto; 12-27-2002 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put Tonto, I wouldn't give up 3-4 years of warantee for 3-5 mph gain. Everybodies different but I like the HP boating so we can cruise at 50 all day and not get too pounded. We live in South Florida and like to take the boat to the Keys and we always take the inside route.