Cigarette Racing - 22 year old CEO >

Cigarette Racing - 22 year old CEO

Notices

Cigarette Racing - 22 year old CEO

Old 12-07-2021, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
And yet, not one of us would pay 10 cents for that swag.... Just saying, one needs a following before swag is a thing...
You wouldn`t pay $.10 for an Artic Tumbler, hat, or sweatshirt?
That`s a dumbass statement. and wasn`t my point.

Everytime you sell a t-shirt or what not and make $5 on the transaction... that branded material payes you THOUSANDS in free advertising. I give away most of my swag. yes I said swag BAHA , not sure you understand the meaning but it`s simply promotional goods or items.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 12-07-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts
Default The brand, its values, and image is imperative.

Originally Posted by thisistank
I guess what I was trying to say is repeat customers are nice and CIg has a lot. But CIg is over 50 years old and new customers keep coming along. They're niche enough that there is a customer base out there of new customers. They're not relying on selling just to their repeat customers. I see what you're saying but it hasn't been a problem for 50 years and I don't see it being a problem in the future. Old buyers go, new buyers come. Generalized Millennials not buying won't be a problem.
I couldn't agree more with your statement that they're not relying only on repeat buyers. Cigarette Racing Team has plenty of competition in the market though, tough ones are for example Nor-Tech and MTI. The key might be, like in the automobile industry, to make sure you get conquest sales from the other ones, especially when they trade up. Ferrari was mentioned earlier, and yes it's the world's most recognizable luxury brand. Their motorsport division, mainly Formula One, doesn't make money, but the marketing value it creates is astounding, and always has been. As far as the Formula One fans go, even though Ferrari is now cutting back on license-based merchandising by 50%, will still be able to buy their beloved hats, cups, and regular T-shirts, etc. Ferrari recognizes that it needs to preserve its two souls, car buyers, and supporters.
During the summer of 2021, Ferrari launched its first in-house fashion collection. They want to also offer fans of the Ferrari brand, and its supercars, a touch of high-end fashion within a contemporary clothing range. This marks a major step in Ferrari's new brand strategy, one of its biggest investments outside the car business, which the company wants to account for around 10% of the profits in 7 to 10 years, They employed as creative director former Armani designer Rocco Iannone, and did their show at the Ferrari plant in Maranello, with a catwalk set up on the assembly line for the Ferrari 812 Competizione.
"We want to attract young people and women."
"Our targets are not just those who buy a Ferrari, but also those who have awareness of the brand."
"80% of the fashions are designed to appeal to both women and men."
"Ferrari is never a nostalgic company, it's always ready to seize the spirit of present and to look at the future."
"The collection has a "luxury" ethos."
Their prices ranged from around $250 for T-shirts and up to $4,000 for top-range coats.

Ferrari's fashion collection is on offer mainly online and through the company's official stores in Maranello, Milan and Rome, while further store openings are scheduled now in Los Angeles and Miami this year, and in China in 2022.
Ferrari's luxury collection will later be expanded to include accessories. "It will be an important area of development."

I believe it would make an important statement, if/once the Cigarette Racing Team eventually at least do what Ferrari did in the past; obtain high-end accessories and great quality clothing by way of licensing deals. Sponsor popular Poker Run events, and show up with a couple of factory boats loaded with very attractive crews, decked out in their best merchandise, and join the party. High-performance boating is a lifestyle, and so is running exotic cars. I do believe the Ruiz Family, Sr. & Jr.s. got a grip on the lifestyle. Now they just gotta make sure they're able to step it up a notch, with class, and keep building the kind of boats Cigarette has built for quite some time, or even better for that matter.

Last edited by larslindroth; 12-08-2021 at 01:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

that last pic of the post above saved that post,,wow,now thats a ferrari I could drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by sutphen 30:
Perfect Storm (12-08-2021), Wally (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021, 06:56 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Cig/Harley comparison fails in my mind.
Cig to me = AMG Benz. Plush, fast, well built.
Skater/MTI = McLaren/Ferrari. Cutting edge of all that is technology.
Fountain = Vette. Perhaps a little crude sometimes but ittl smoke a lot of what Europe has to offer.
Ive always compared Harley's to the Donzi classic series. Gorgeous, timeless, VERY expensive 60 year old technology.

Cig isn't going anywhere. Too well funded. The people sticking their feet in the mud hoping they build a brand new Palm Beach colored straight bottom top gun instead of trying to broaden their horizons are probably the same people who don't go into the club because it isnt their taste in music. Instead of dancing with the girls you stayed home and listened to your vinyl. Alone. Right...you showed them!
Times change. Its ****ing Cigarette. It's as iconic as it gets. Just root for them.
The following 6 users liked this post by TeamSaris:
Donzi1979 (12-08-2021), Gimme Fuel (12-08-2021), larslindroth (12-08-2021), offshoredrillin (12-08-2021), Smarty (12-08-2021), Tropical Buzz (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
dude, give it up... you hate cig and always have.. you jump on any chance to bash them. stop bashing what you cant afford. even by using your idiotic logic with the 40/77 year old, he is selling his cig and buying a new 700k plus center console. then with the new business model, the new owner of the used model may or may not use cig to do work on the older model... as usual all your logic is flawed.
Don't hate them, just don't like them but even Skip finally pulled the sh!tter box from the center of the cabin in recent builds!

You mention the old guy buying a center console, your 100% right but the center console business is certainly a crowded market with brands offering the same speeds but many more options than the oval one.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Cig/Harley comparison fails in my mind.
Cig to me = AMG Benz. Plush, fast, well built.
Skater/MTI = McLaren/Ferrari. Cutting edge of all that is technology.
Fountain = Vette. Perhaps a little crude sometimes but ittl smoke a lot of what Europe has to offer.
Ive always compared Harley's to the Donzi classic series. Gorgeous, timeless, VERY expensive 60 year old technology.

Cig isn't going anywhere. Too well funded. The people sticking their feet in the mud hoping they build a brand new Palm Beach colored straight bottom top gun instead of trying to broaden their horizons are probably the same people who don't go into the club because it isnt their taste in music. Instead of dancing with the girls you stayed home and listened to your vinyl. Alone. Right...you showed them!
Times change. Its ****ing Cigarette. It's as iconic as it gets. Just root for them.
I'd agree with your boats/cars comparison but again my HD reference was about guys aging out of the product line..........old guys don't buy new HD's or new I/O Cigs but you see plenty of them sliding into Ferraris/Vettes etc. Those other brands don't have the aging out issue.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

If I sold high end products I'd target older crowd they have the $$$$
Old 12-08-2021, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
If I sold high end products I'd target older crowd they have the $$$$
IDK,

This is a 22 year old CEO, I have the feeling he has some money to spend.
The following users liked this post:
OFFSHOREJOJO (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I think there's a trend towards privacy with the new young money. They will still buy toys like a boat but will trend away from the flashy graphic and go more sedate.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I'd agree with your boats/cars comparison but again my HD reference was about guys aging out of the product line..........old guys don't buy new HD's or new I/O Cigs but you see plenty of them sliding into Ferraris/Vettes etc. Those other brands don't have the aging out issue.
wrong again, same as cig, older guys get away from sportsters and wide glides and move to street glides, heritage's and ultras.. which are top of the line and the most money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.