Electric Boats Renewable Energy source

Notices

Electric Boats Renewable Energy source

Old 03-16-2022, 03:41 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippM
The tech to make them practical for a larger audience is just not there yet and nobody ever talks about maintenance costs. How long does a battery last and how much will it cost to replace it? Everyday we hear the glowing stories from people trying to push an EV agenda but we don't get the full picture. I'll wait till we know about ownership costs, trade in values and all of the other things associated with car ownership. Oh and have you seen the price of electricity going up? With an ICE vehicle I can shop gas stations and pricing. I don't have any choices for alternate electric companies.
California already has rolling brown outs when people turn on their AC. Imagine people plugging in cars and how that will turn out.
I do see the good side but in reality it's 20 years away from being viable for the masses.
One of the owners here...his mom had a Lexus hybrid SUV....she was older so they just kept it as it was gonna be her last car anyway at her age.....anyway the thing was about 9-10yrs old and needed the batteries replaced....cost? $8000! Trade in value of the SUV? $4500 So they said screw it and just let her drive it as a gasser. Now i know that not too many people keep cars/trucks that long (I do!) But who is going to replace these batteries when it costs more then the vehicle is worth? And with no proper infrastructure for recycling where do these batteries go? They need to really get the bugs/logistics worked out before trying to force electric on the population! I wonder if Biden made it mandatory for the car makers to recycle the batteries or take them back at end of life how the lobbying would start in DC???

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-16-2022, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 336 Posts

hybrid cars don't compare to full electric Tesla cars, Tesla trucks and Tesla semi's

Old 03-16-2022, 05:23 PM
Registered

also I believe there are recycling plans already in place for recycling batteries. The metals inside them are precious metals and every part of the used battery can be recycled.

but when the car batteries are considered no longer useful, there are secondary markets that would buy them, for home use and electric boat use and other vehicles needing less continuous electric power

Old 03-17-2022, 12:54 AM
Registered

Electric Automotive Rivian Motors

current stock price .. $41.58 per share

Old 03-17-2022, 12:57 AM
Registered

Old 03-17-2022, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

When Elon Musk says we should be drilling for oil here in the US, kind of gives you the idea he knows this country, much less the world isn’t ready to support EVs on a large scale and won’t be for a long time. 🤔🤔🤔
The following 4 users liked this post by IGetWet:
1983ScarabIII (03-17-2022), Gimme Fuel (03-18-2022), TomZ (03-17-2022), TrippM (03-18-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 05:57 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by noli
I quickly went back to the sales man and said I want to take this home now. He said "these cars are not for sale. Let's try to find you a car." Well as it turns out, there are none available. "Let's put an order for a model 3 for you", he said. We quickly went back to his desk and began to search for availability. I couldn't believe the wait is 7 months long !!!

OMG

stock suggestion --> BYDDY , BYDDF

Many people have been waiting a year for their new Ford truck. Other manufacturers have similar stories.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

They can't even make batteries for Cordless drills that last more than a year w heavy use.
I will keep Burning my 91 for a Long time.
The following 3 users liked this post by Quinlan:
ben (05-09-2022), IrishJer (05-10-2022), Wally (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 07:37 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

That is so funny cause my Lithium battery just died in my cordless drill....its about 3yrs old and it gets used more then a typical homeowner would use but nowhere near what a pro would use it at...but atleast i can go buy one on Amazon and swap it out...not have to go to a dealer to do it and pay 10x as much!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-17-2022, 12:31 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippM
The tech to make them practical for a larger audience is just not there yet and nobody ever talks about maintenance costs. How long does a battery last and how much will it cost to replace it? Everyday we hear the glowing stories from people trying to push an EV agenda but we don't get the full picture. I'll wait till we know about ownership costs, trade in values and all of the other things associated with car ownership. Oh and have you seen the price of electricity going up? With an ICE vehicle I can shop gas stations and pricing. I don't have any choices for alternate electric companies.
California already has rolling brown outs when people turn on their AC. Imagine people plugging in cars and how that will turn out.
I do see the good side but in reality it's 20 years away from being viable for the masses.
the power grid cant handle it. the people with electric cars do not pay the road taxes that are built into fuel cost. we just are not ready for everyone or even 20% of the population to have EV as a daily driver.
The following 3 users liked this post by caseyh:
1983ScarabIII (03-17-2022), TomZ (03-17-2022), TrippM (03-18-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.