Cigarette Racing Team Acquires Vectorworks And Doug Wright Designs

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team Acquires Vectorworks And Doug Wright Designs

Old 02-17-2022, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,065 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Kinda harsh. But I do agree to a point. Putting a cig sticker on a built DW is not the direction I would’ve gone. Personally, I would’ve set up one of those huge tilt up walls cog uses for their show displays all the time. The type that has a metal frame but a canvass style “wall”. Then cut it out to fit just about half of the bow sticking out at a 3/4 stance. So you basically only see two sponsons sticking out and the beginning of the tunnel. The rest of the boat is covered up behind the wall out of site. On the wall over the cat, a HUGE cigarette logo. On the screen from the level of the deck down is printed water. Like the cats floating in water. Flanking the cat a cad drawing of the proposed yacht. Or a silhouette of a yacht if no fenderings were available. On the other flank, the cad drawing of the new jet ski. Right above the cat “THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG….Cigarettes next evolution, coming soon”

leave it at that. Just enough to get the point across. Problem with slapping a sticker on a DW (even if cigarette now owns them) is you’re showing off someone else’s gel coat, paint, interior, etc etc. DW is a highly respect company, much respect but Ruiz himself said Cigarette wanted to take the fit and finish to the “cigarette level” which to me rigging fit finish and interior are the best in the industry along with DCB On the west coast. Sticker slap isn’t the right message. It’s almost low brow for cigarette. I know they’re excited to break the news and it is freakin cool news, but good things come to those that wait. Little teaser the. Reveal the real deal when it’s done.

just my opinion. When do I start at cigarette? 😂😁👍
I wouldnt have stickered it up, just the white cat would have been sufficient, maybe with some "coming soon" verbage. Im sure they will do their own things for brand identification.. not just logos either.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 572 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane View Post
Time will tell.... with the Wright's - you always had build quality so the future could be laminate schedule quality vs. ROI under Cig new ownership..(it always comes down to ROI on the P&L statement)

As far as the Cig and related company acquisitions debate/debacle...... those that can - go and make it happen as they see fit, those that can't - B*tch about those that can.
cigarette lost its innovative skill set as a company decades ago. They are no longer a leader…just a follower. They are chasing trends. Point in case purchasing DW for a cat OB option. Innovation would be what Outerlimits did. Design and build in house. Granted all OB cats look similar; Atleast they did it the old fashion way.

sounds like cigarette is now in the business of using other companies hulls, adding the cigarette signature “touch” marking it up…and pushing it out the door.

to each there own
Old 02-17-2022, 08:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1 View Post
cigarette lost its innovative skill set as a company decades ago. They are no longer a leader…just a follower. They are chasing trends. Point in case purchasing DW for a cat OB option. Innovation would be what Outerlimits did. Design and build in house. Granted all OB cats look similar; Atleast they did it the old fashion way.

sounds like cigarette is now in the business of using other companies hulls, adding the cigarette signature “touch” marking it up…and pushing it out the door.

to each there own
Dude, just stop, you look like an idiot and are talking about Sh!t your cheap ass knows nothing about... OL used the platinum mold for their cat... feeling any more stupid yet?
Originally Posted by OL40SVX View Post
Not true. We owned all the Platinum molds but only shipped the 40 cat
mold to RI which we modified and built one supercat from. The vee and tencara mold stayed in California.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 572 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
Dude, just stop, you look like an idiot and are talking about Sh!t your cheap ass knows nothing about... OL used the platinum mold for their cat... feeling any more stupid yet?
Hmmmm

from the original article. It read like OL designed it..

Both Kleitz and Curtis described the SC 37, which has a bustle and an overall length of slightly more than 38 feet, as a “big boat,” though its beam is relatively conservative with a width of 10 feet, 1 inch. Kleitz explained that the cat was designed with “a big cockpit, deep freeboard, a deep tunnel and wide sponsons,” but Outerlimits went with the beam dimensions so the boat would be easier to manage off the water.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 02-17-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE=1MOSES1;4821798]cigarette lost its innovative skill set as a company decades ago. They are no longer a leader…just a follower. They are chasing trends. Point in case purchasing DW for a cat OB option. Innovation would be what Outerlimits did. Design and build in house. Granted all OB cats look similar; Atleast they did it the old fashion way.

to each there own

Your statements are not factually accurate.
offshoredrillin (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 151 Posts

Pretty sure the stickered cat is a WP that has been around a while. Since PBC stated Cig will continue to provide hulls so that WP will still exist, it will be interesting to see how they differentiate a Cig cat vs. WP. With PBC selling both products, they will have to have something tangible to upsell you to the Cig other than the name. Exciting times ahead!
Smarty (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

A vendetta? Against Cigarette? Where the hell did that come from? It's not a vendetta to point out the obvious. It's the accountant in me just trying to give the rest of the guy's a heads up. You know, kind of the financial adult on the board since I see and work with failing businesses all the time. I think cigarettes are sweet and came real close to buying a 30 mystique the other day. I just think the amount of cock sucking on this forum gets out of hand some times.
underpsi68 (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
A vendetta? Against Cigarette? Where the hell did that come from? It's not a vendetta to point out the obvious. It's the accountant in me just trying to give the rest of the guy's a heads up. You know, kind of the financial adult on the board since I see and work with failing businesses all the time. I think cigarettes are sweet and came real close to buying a 30 mystique the other day. I just think the amount of cock sucking on this forum gets out of hand some times.
not you, jupiter sunsation... i respect your viewpoint from an accountants standpoint, even though i dont agree with it.
precisiondetails (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 12:01 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 1,381 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Pretty sure the stickered cat is a WP that has been around a while. Since PBC stated Cig will continue to provide hulls so that WP will still exist, it will be interesting to see how they differentiate a Cig cat vs. WP. With PBC selling both products, they will have to have something tangible to upsell you to the Cig other than the name. Exciting times ahead!
Actually, the 32-footer you're talking about is a 2022 model that was completed in late January. Grant's Signature Racing did the rigging, https://www.speedonthewater.com/show...-test-session/.

Onward.
The following 3 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
cowisl (02-17-2022), Griff (02-17-2022), Knot 4 Me (02-18-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 12:06 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 114 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post
So now you can buy the same hull just finished by one of 3 builders??? It’s like buying a sweater now, you can pick a Doug Wright, Wright Performance, or Wright Cigarette….
plus all the others brands that dw made the molds for.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.