Cigarette Racing Team Acquires Vectorworks And Doug Wright Designs

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team Acquires Vectorworks And Doug Wright Designs

Old 02-17-2022, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
not you, jupiter sunsation....

Hahaha I've been out of this whacky thread for pages now......you lost me after your Walmart rant. You seem to be the only one amped up in this thread.

I have said it before, if I won the lottery I wouldn't buy a Cigarette. The 38 TG is legendary but face it, it is essentially unchanged in 22-23 years. Just like if Chevrolet was selling a 2000 C5 Corvette unchanged for the last 22-23 years, nobody would buy them. I felt the same way about the Formula Fastecs so its not just CRT "vendetta." I don't like the overuse of logos and the sh1tter box in the center of the cabin. The logos are comical from the ignition keys to the battery boxes to the paint/interiors, heck even the sh1tter box lid was logo'd.......like a fat guy on a trike covered in Harley gear riding down Main Street in Daytona. It's a cool logo, it is simply overused in my opinion.

Now did you notice the new owners are revamping the TG? Did you notice even Skip had removed the sh!ttter box from the cabins of the newer I/O boats. Wow I guess I was either a forward thinker OR the boats needed a refresh. Even in this thread diehard "1" fans didn't love the Doug Wright with the slapped on logo sticker. So the DW deal was started with Skip and funded by the Ruiz group. I do think it is a step in the right direction for CRT but remember the whole business model is based on "sales of new boats."

There was a quote from the CEO saying orders have jumped 60% since they took over (several people questioned that number). CRT can do all the marketing/sponsorships/poker run parties they want, heck fly around in a 20 million dollar helicopter but they still need to sell boats (any type from CC's to cats to I/O stuff).

Matt and Jason do frequent stories about people building new boats, Bob's new 29 OL, Cashbar's new DCB, the guy with the new #13 Skater, someone else got a new MTI..............Odd we haven't read about a single new delivery from CRT? You would think they would have tons of new deliveries if sales are up 60%.

I wish the Ruiz family the best, they certainly have the wallet to buy anything and fund all their new ideas from golf carts to jetskis. You should buy one of each Rob to support the brotherhood! Heck tow the jetski with the golf cart with your Cig gear on from head to toe! Maybe Matt will do a story on you!
The following 5 users liked this post by Jupiter Sunsation:
1MOSES1 (02-17-2022), Dave3fl (02-17-2022), Gimme Fuel (02-18-2022), Nothing personel 353 (02-17-2022), Unlimited jd (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 03:01 PM
Registered

I'd say the NT 390 was my favorite boat built right now (they have made 400 of them in 12 years).

But now I guess its called the 400SS. and just got revamped and is selling like hotcakes! 40 orders at 600K+ each is a nice backlog to have!

The Lemanske’s 400 SS will be hull No. 7. At present, the company has 40 orders—14 alone from Canada-based Double R Performance—for the boat, which is powered by quad Mercury Racing450R outboard engines.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jupiter Sunsation:
Nothing personel 353 (02-17-2022), Perfect Storm (02-18-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Hahaha I've been out of this whacky thread for pages now......you lost me after your Walmart rant. You seem to be the only one amped up in this thread.

I have said it before, if I won the lottery I wouldn't buy a Cigarette. The 38 TG is legendary but face it, it is essentially unchanged in 22-23 years. Just like if Chevrolet was selling a 2000 C5 Corvette unchanged for the last 22-23 years, nobody would buy them. I felt the same way about the Formula Fastecs so its not just CRT "vendetta." I don't like the overuse of logos and the sh1tter box in the center of the cabin. The logos are comical from the ignition keys to the battery boxes to the paint/interiors, heck even the sh1tter box lid was logo'd.......like a fat guy on a trike covered in Harley gear riding down Main Street in Daytona. It's a cool logo, it is simply overused in my opinion.

Now did you notice the new owners are revamping the TG? Did you notice even Skip had removed the sh!ttter box from the cabins of the newer I/O boats. Wow I guess I was either a forward thinker OR the boats needed a refresh. Even in this thread diehard "1" fans didn't love the Doug Wright with the slapped on logo sticker. So the DW deal was started with Skip and funded by the Ruiz group. I do think it is a step in the right direction for CRT but remember the whole business model is based on "sales of new boats."

There was a quote from the CEO saying orders have jumped 60% since they took over (several people questioned that number). CRT can do all the marketing/sponsorships/poker run parties they want, heck fly around in a 20 million dollar helicopter but they still need to sell boats (any type from CC's to cats to I/O stuff).

Matt and Jason do frequent stories about people building new boats, Bob's new 29 OL, Cashbar's new DCB, the guy with the new #13 Skater, someone else got a new MTI..............Odd we haven't read about a single new delivery from CRT? You would think they would have tons of new deliveries if sales are up 60%.

I wish the Ruiz family the best, they certainly have the wallet to buy anything and fund all their new ideas from golf carts to jetskis. You should buy one of each Rob to support the brotherhood! Heck tow the jetski with the golf cart with your Cig gear on from head to toe! Maybe Matt will do a story on you!
Old 02-17-2022, 03:51 PM
Registered

Billy Madison............a 1995 Classic just like Cigarette!
The following users liked this post:
1MOSES1 (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 92 Posts

I'd say the NT 390 was my favorite boat built right now (they have made 400 of them in 12 years).

But now I guess its called the 400SS. and just got revamped and is selling like hotcakes! 40 orders at 600K+ each is a nice backlog to have!

The Lemanske’s 400 SS will be hull No. 7. At present, the company has 40 orders—14 alone from Canada-based Double R Performance—for the boat, which is powered by quad Mercury Racing450R outboard engines.

The 39 NorTech CC is also a Doug Wright design.....

Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by JPEROG:
noli (02-17-2022), offshoredrillin (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Billy Madison............a 1995 Classic just like Cigarette!
correct... the same as your schpeel...repeated frequently and irreverent...and still a million times better than anything you own.. even moses cheap sh1tbox...

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 02-17-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2022, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
So now you can buy the same hull just finished by one of 3 builders??? It’s like buying a sweater now, you can pick a Doug Wright, Wright Performance, or Wright Cigarette….
Wright Performance has set the bar for finish, features, rigging, and set up. They offer a turn key package with custom input and choice from the customer throughout the build process and then top shelf service on top of service. In addition to their owners group and personalized events that are also "top shelf" and held at their restaurants and complete performance facility. They are way out in front at this point.

Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by JPEROG:
offshoredrillin (02-17-2022), Smarty (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
correct... the same as your schpeel...repeated frequently and irreverent...and still a million times better than anything you own.. even moses cheap sh1tbox...
What a D…. So unless we own a cigarette we’re cheap and useless. Amazing comments buddy. Done following this pretentious thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by badmonkey:
1MOSES1 (02-17-2022), Unlimited jd (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by badmonkey
What a D…. So unless we own a cigarette we’re cheap and useless. Amazing comments buddy. Done following this pretentious thread.
not at all, own what ya want. but why bash others for trying to better the industry. whether you own one or not, there is no denying what the brand has done for the industry. will the new stuff pay off? who knows but they deserve a fair chance to try and spend their billions wherever they choose.
Ive never badmouth jupiter sunsation for whatever boat he owns, but he sure has no problem ripping on cigarette. Same as moses, i dont care what he owns or drives, yet he rips on the very brand he owns and if someone happens to enjoy quality and not as "thrifty/cheap" as he is they are wrong, then he tries to tell me about my business. funny I'm a dick for defending myself, yet the people that attack me get off scott free in your mind...

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 02-17-2022 at 07:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
he buffs boats for a living…what do you expect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.