Mercruiser diagnostic tool? >

Mercruiser diagnostic tool?

Notices

Mercruiser diagnostic tool?

Old 03-10-2022, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 241 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Mercruiser diagnostic tool?

What do I need to scan the engine hours, read dtc's, and check engine status? I am working on 2000, HP 500 EFI's.
The internet is just no help, nothing but ads and products that have absolutely nothing to do with Mercruiser or boats. The only thing I have found is a Rinda tool that looks promising, but has been out of stock since I started looking back in October. Inquiries to dealers have been met with " dont have them, cant get them, and dont know when we can get them." Is there another alternative out there besides the $3500.00 Mercury tool that has very little info about what it works with or what it does? This is crazy, it has been over 5 mos and there are no answers out there. And what is the deal with aluminum heads?4-6mos? Hoping you experienced boat guys have some ideas. TIA

Old 03-10-2022, 09:35 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 955 Posts

You need a Rinda Techmate or Rinda Diacom (works with laptop) with the MEFI (#94005) cable.

I have heard that nobody has and can't get any Techmates. It looks like Michigan Motorz has the Diacom and there is also a used one on ebay. https://www.michiganmotorz.com/diaco...-version-3-0-2
Old 03-11-2022, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 241 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
You need a Rinda Techmate or Rinda Diacom (works with laptop) with the MEFI (#94005) cable.

I have heard that nobody has and can't get any Techmates. It looks like Michigan Motorz has the Diacom and there is also a used one on ebay. https://www.michiganmotorz.com/diaco...-version-3-0-2
Thanks! how do I get dealer level access to reflash lol. I wonder when we get to have our stuff back ?
Old 03-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by Shotgunn
Thanks! how do I get dealer level access to reflash lol. I wonder when we get to have our stuff back ?
OBD Diagnostics