99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342 >

99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Notices

99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Old 05-04-2022, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I got to say after looking to maybe move to a 42 but that is older and I would need some loan, it is not easy anymore. A lot say no older then 10 years, after 20 it becomes VERY hard. Insurance and loans.

You pretty much need to be a cash buyer, which makes me look at all these 150-180K boats and just be amazed they are selling. Not like you really can find much of any post 2009/10 performance V unless its big power Outerlimits, or huge priced Cig.
I had a hell of a time finding insurance for my 1996 32 Sunsation. 50K value, no prior claims, State Farm wanted $2800/year, since I paid cash I decided to go liability-only for $150/year instead. No other insurer wanted to touch it.

The following 2 users liked this post by DrFeelgood:
cigrocket (05-04-2022), Wildman_grafix (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Regarding insurance. Shop it before you buy the boat, you may find out the prospective insurance companies will require a survey of a 25 year old hull regardless of what the Teague or the seller states. They may also require you taking Martin's class. It does look clean.
Not even a question, Insurance will require a survey. Best just to get one if you decide to purchase boat. It will give you some leverage if anything pops up. Plant on at least 2500+ for insurance depending on where you live. Good Luck
Old 05-04-2022, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I got to say after looking to maybe move to a 42 but that is older and I would need some loan, it is not easy anymore. A lot say no older then 10 years, after 20 it becomes VERY hard. Insurance and loans.

You pretty much need to be a cash buyer, which makes me look at all these 150-180K boats and just be amazed they are selling. Not like you really can find much of any post 2009/10 performance V unless its big power Outerlimits, or huge priced Cig.
I am paying cash. But still will need insurance. John has it insured now through State Farm for 100k declared value and he said he is at 1k a year. I pay 1k for my SXS it was a pain in the ass to insure since I have it insured for 75k.

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Not even a question, Insurance will require a survey. Best just to get one if you decide to purchase boat. It will give you some leverage if anything pops up. Plant on at least 2500+ for insurance depending on where you live. Good Luck
i have a feeling you right on this. We will see. John said he didn’t need one. But I have a feeling I will need one.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 799 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by ubet28
I am paying cash. But still will need insurance. John has it insured now through State Farm for 100k declared value and he said he is at 1k a year. I pay 1k for my SXS it was a pain in the ass to insure since I have it insured for 75k.

i have a feeling you right on this. We will see. John said he didn’t need one. But I have a feeling I will need one.
Ubet,

This may be apples to dump trucks, but.....

Our insurance provider didn't even bat an eye when we bought our PowerQuest. They gave us a number that is quite acceptable. We paid cash for about 2/3 of the purchase price and financed the rest as a personal loan because the bank wouldn't provide financing for anything more than so many years old (Can't remember, but it was obviously over their threshold). Is it the age (only 5yrs older)? is it the length (considerable, I get it)? is it the HP (again, considerable)? Curious....

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 05-04-2022, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Ubet,

This may be apples to dump trucks, but.....

Our insurance provider didn't even bat an eye when we bought our PowerQuest. They gave us a number that is quite acceptable. We paid cash for about 2/3 of the purchase price and financed the rest as a personal loan because the bank wouldn't provide financing for anything more than so many years old (Can't remember, but it was obviously over their threshold). Is it the age (only 5yrs older)? is it the length (considerable, I get it)? is it the HP (again, considerable)? Curious....

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991

I think in my situation its the age. I’m looking for a good surveyor in the Lake Havasu area now. So if anyone knows of one let me know.

But not sure what my agent will say i have homeowners 3 autos my sxs my business general liability work comp and commercial auto with another 5 trucks 5 trailers my inland marine policy with 500k in coverage. They better think twice about messing with me to much. I will yank it all and go to another company.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:36 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

But not sure what my agent will say i have homeowners 3 autos my sxs my business general liability work comp and commercial auto with another 5 trucks 5 trailers my inland marine policy with 500k in coverage. They better think twice about messing with me to much. I will yank it all and go to another company.
We see it alot here. Cross your fingers.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1,330 Likes on 742 Posts

I think in my situation its the age. I’m looking for a good surveyor in the Lake Havasu area now. So if anyone knows of one let me know.

I am in Florida now, insurance on everything is a PITA.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 424 Likes on 256 Posts

State farm told me that they wouldn't insure a boat with over 500hp
Old 05-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 504 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
State farm told me that they wouldn't insure a boat with over 500hp
I think it all depends on the agent most times. Someone I know tried the same agent as I have and could not get insured due to hp. My boat had more than his and mine was actually stated on my policy.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 424 Likes on 256 Posts

The agent actually sold me the policy and it was kicked back about a month later by corporate with a letter stating that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.