Notices

Boat Market

Old 05-17-2022, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Nor-Tech 39 with Triple 450's - brand new, already built - drive it off the lot for just $829K. Probably won't last long in this market. https://www.daysboatsales.com/defaul...qqNOHYuoEFT1JA
Old 05-17-2022, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Selling and purchasing spots in the yacht industry is almost standard practice. Have heard many stories where xyz prince of Dubai didn’t want to wait so he bought a spot to skip the 7 year wait…
Old 05-17-2022, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Sydways,

I would have to agree with this. If somebody wants to sell their slot, they should be able to. If it's for a profit, good for them. If they bought it with the sole intent to sell it, so what? If somebody is willing to pay double what a slot is worth to jump the line, and it doesn't actually push anybody back, who loses? Everybody got what they paid for, at a price they willingly agreed to pay for it.

Just one dick's opinion.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
If it's for a profit, good for them. If they bought it with the sole intent to sell it, so what? It inflates the market for no good reason other than some ******* needs instant gratification.

If somebody is willing to pay double what a slot is worth to jump the line, and it doesn't actually push anybody back, who loses? It does push somebody back. Someone who wanted the boat to use lost out to someone willing to pay to cut in line.

Everybody got what they paid for, at a price they willingly agreed to pay for it. Inflating a market for nothing other than lining their own pockets.

Last edited by Stuckonstupid; 05-17-2022 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
If it's for a profit, good for them. If they bought it with the sole intent to sell it, so what? It inflates the market for no good reason other than some ******* needs instant gratification.

If somebody is willing to pay double what a slot is worth to jump the line, and it doesn't actually push anybody back, who loses? It does push somebody back. Someone who wanted the boat to use lost out to someone willing to pay to cut in line.

Everybody got what they paid for, at a price they willingly agreed to pay for it. Inflating a market for nothing other than lining their own pockets.
Except none of this is the case.

The slot price is paid, and, I’m assuming, goes toward the price of the boat. If the slot is then sold, the price of the boat doesn’t change. The MFR doesn’t increase the price because a slot is sold. Demand does that, and that’s already there, either way.

it doesn’t push anybody back except the individual who CHOOSES to sell their slot. The profit was worth more to them than the build slot. Or maybe they had a change of priorities…? Who knows? Nobody else is affected in any way.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 05-18-2022, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Nor-Tech 39 with Triple 450's - brand new, already built - drive it off the lot for just $829K. Probably won't last long in this market. https://www.daysboatsales.com/defaul...qqNOHYuoEFT1JA
Nice boat, that is exactly what I'd order but 829K...............NFW. I'd love to know what the actual MSRP was on the boat
Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 AM
Registered

Selling an allocation is a dick move.
While I can see your point.............where do you draw the line?
1. Flipping houses is common
2. Plenty of flipped cars from old to brand new stuff right off the lot
3. Airplanes get flipped

If you want a new Ferrari or a new jet without waiting then you have to pay more.........why not for a boat?
Old 05-18-2022, 10:11 AM
Registered

Its a dick move because your intent was to never follow through on your agreement, rather sell your spot in line for profit. That may work in the marine world and be acceptable. I have an allocation for a 2023 Porsche GT3 that I purchased 3 months ago, and in my contract it clearly states the allocation can not be sold prior to taking possession of the vehicle. It’s also a way to guarantee you can’t buy one in the future if you try.

I've got a new 911 GTS on order now at MSRP. I went to a MLB game and met a friend of a friend that sells Porsches in a big market. He said they get 50K over sticker for GT3s/GTS's, 100K over for Turbos. He told me they would buy my car on the spot for 30K over MSRP. I'm not flipping, I want the car. I've had a 911 before but never ordered a new one before.
The following users liked this post:
Quinlan (05-19-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Nice boat, that is exactly what I'd order but 829K...............NFW. I'd love to know what the actual MSRP was on the boat
Yes I was thinking that boat should sell for around $650K. My brain is still 2020 wired.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Which manufacturer? There are probably 50 companies that manufacture parts that go to NorTech to be assembled. There is no "MSRP" in the powerboating world. That's why they are called boat builders. The only thing they manufacture is the hull and structural components.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Which manufacturer? There are probably 50 companies that manufacture parts that go to NorTech to be assembled. There is no "MSRP" in the powerboating world. That's why they are called boat builders. The only thing they manufacture is the hull and structural components.

Post #9 is a pricing flyer from Big Thunder. It notes the price for a quad engine 42 is $1,775,000 as the MSRP (manufacturers standard retail price).....options are noted below that on the 2nd flyer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.