Notices

Guardian Angel

Old 07-04-2022, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 503 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Guardian Angel

I haven't been on here much in a few weeks since my wife Nikki's accident. I know some of the you on here may have saw a post on my FB page after it happened. There were no witnesses around when the wreck occurred, so nobody is exactly sure what caused it. This all took place around 7:50ish pm on June 11th. There is a small gradual curve to the left where she left the road going down 3 to 4 foot ditch and striking 5 fence posts. After striking the fence posts she hit a 12in corner post with the passenger side front end and keeping her parallel with the road where she side swiped a few trees. Then about another 150ft later she hit a tree on the front passenger side with no airbags left to deploy, throwing her into the steering wheel and landing in the floorboard. After the impact it threw the car around to the passenger side as if it was crossing the road. Somehow she came out of the seatbelt during this wreck. Our Standard Poodle Delilah was in the passenger seat and came out with no injuries. A group of people came up on the wreck and heard Delilah barking and thought someone had a wreck and left their dog in the car. She was in the floorboard under the steering wheel and the seat was laying on her. They had to use the Jaws of life to cut the center post and the seat mounts just to get her out. Once EMT'S arrived she was flown from the scene on life flight to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville,Tn. Due to me working in a government facility no one knew how to reach me, because cell phones are not allowed inside. So around 5:30 am my sister in law called a neighbor of mine who works here and she finally got in touch with me. I got out to my phone and saw multiple messages where people were trying to reach me we knew it was really bad. After getting to the hospital we learned she had 2 fractured vertebrae, all right side ribs broken which punctured her lung, fractured pelvis, dislocated hip and chipped ball end, softball size cut over knee, 2 crushed ankles, broken right side lower legs and damaged nerve complex in shoulder causing right eye as well as right arm/hand problems. We are now 3 leg surgeries in and hopefully doone with those. At least 2 more months with non weight bearing on either leg and using wheel chair to be mobile. She is determined to get better using the transfer board to get out of the wheel chair and using small physical therapy to strengthen her eye and hand. I'm not sure who her guardian angel was that day, but they were watching over her 100%. Also want to recognize Mr Eddie Young for reaching out to offer me a place to stay at his house until she got a room I could stay in overnight at the hospital. Also Eddie's wife Rachelle for taking one of the girls from the salon to wash and braid her hair. Eddie and Rachelle are the nicest, most thoughtful people I believe I've ever met. They even asked me to bring our poodle Delilah with me, which Rachelle wanted to keep. They are genuinely great people. These are the pics sum up how bad it was.

The following 6 users liked this post by bencini231:
offshoredrillin (07-04-2022), SB (07-04-2022), sonicss42 (07-05-2022), sutphen 30 (07-04-2022), Sydwayz (07-05-2022), the deep (07-07-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Chris I was just going to text you to see how she's doing, thoughts and prayers to you, Nikki and the family, we'll do Table rock next year.....
Old 07-04-2022, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Praise God she's alive. As you note, a long road to recovery but at least she is still with you.
Somewhat disturbing to see that the driver's side rear hood catch failed completely...that is one of THE things that is always supposed to survive a crash, as it keeps the hood from coming through the windshield.

This just goes to show several things including how your life can change in the blink of an eye. And that nothing is granted...ever. Live every day, every minute like it could be your last. Thanks for sharing this, I know if must be very, very difficult.
davidmercury (07-06-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Your wife Nikki apparently still has work to do, simply not her time yet. God is real and this coming from a man who was all but dead 40' down in the East River circa 1985. The wife and I wish her a speedy recovery with the least amount of pain possible. Enjoy life to the fullest because we never know what's coming for us. I say this as I sit here recovering from emergency lower back surgery myself. God Bless
The following users liked this post:
bajaman (07-04-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I was sorry to read about your wifes accident and the numerous injuries she received from this accident. When we read about this and just how bad it is, we really never think about each day she is in the Hospital 24/7 what she is going through and what your are going through each day as well and yes it is going to be a long hard road a head for the both of you as it just doesn't stop here but continues. Stay strong and I am praying for your wife to recover and also my thoughts go out to you as well.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 69 Posts

So glad to hear she is still alive after such a horrific accident! Praying for comfort, healing, and patience for a long road ahead.

I know many of you don’t know a rather newbie like myself, but know, I’m another powerboating brother who cares for his OSO Family!

Thanks for sharing.

Keep looking up brother!
The following users liked this post:
speicher lane (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 51 Posts

Continued prayers Chris, she is strong and will come through just fine. As others have said it wasn't her time yet and she still has work to do buddy. God bless and many prayers for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:25 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I saw your post FB. Continued prayers for a full a speedy recovery.
Eddie Young is
Old 07-06-2022, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Omg! Prayers sent!
Old 07-06-2022, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 503 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Chris I was just going to text you to see how she's doing, thoughts and prayers to you, Nikki and the family, we'll do Table rock next year.....
Thank you and we will be looking forward to it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.