2022 LOTO Shootout share your pics & videos

Notices

2022 LOTO Shootout share your pics & videos

Old 08-20-2022, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2022 LOTO Shootout share your pics & videos

Who’s going?

Hey everyone starting a thread to share pics videos of your time at the shootout street party poker run super cat fest share whatever boats women the lake anything to do with the shootout.

Im leaving 7am tomorrow me a buddy and my son we will be down there till the 29th. We are staying at the ledges if anyone wants to hang out meet up. Let me know we are down to earth good people.

hope to see a bunch of you there and please share some cool ass pics and videos!

Have safe and awesome trip!

Last edited by ubet28; 08-20-2022 at 12:19 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by ubet28:
Jtime (08-25-2022), noli (08-22-2022), SB (08-22-2022), TomZ (08-23-2022)

Top Answer

08-29-2022, 11:09 AM
DRAG
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

We had a great trip as usual. This is my 10th year so I didn't carry my phone with me as much to get pics of all the cool hardware....was trying more to just enjoy the time with friends. I did take a few pics.

I still tie up in the chaos on the front line to watch the passes. You gotta be there by 7-7:30 AM to get a decent spot in the line and then you can run right up to the thing also...not through that BS idle zone. Yes its hard to get up at 6 after the night before, but that morning ride up the lake is some of the best water you will find. Pin the throttles and run it hard....and a few cruiser wakes to jump on the way up. Show up at 8 and you are 2nd row or best case right at the starting line and all you see is 40mph. I always enjoy meeting the people you are tied up to...have rarely tied up to morons. Just make sure you carry some extra fenders and dock lines. I'd say half these people aren't qualified to operate their boat in this situation and don't have proper fenders or dock lines and damn sure can't tie them up LOL. It is a good time for them to learn. Go on Sunday and you usually have less chaos and are there with the more hard core Shootout fans and less drama.

Below: My rig at Performance Boat Center. The Thursday night PBC party is worth going to if you have not been. Always a good spot to hang out and see good boats. It is one of the more laid back stops of the week, docks are in great shape, dock hands know what they are doing. Unlike Toad Cove Friday or Sat night where you can count on seeing people running into other boats trying to dock. Choose your spot carefully.

Below: I'm sure everyone gets tired of seeing this boat every year but I always make sure to go over when they start it. I had video of Don feeling over the exhaust when they fired it up...which we always joke about in racing its the thing all people do when they fire up their creation. I always want to talk to him but he looks so busy. I just love that he is doing this and hope at that age I'm still doing something that gets me fired up. I really appreciate their effort and love the sound when they pin the throttles on a pass.

Below: Parvey's new turbo setup. Looks wicked with the intercoolers and billet manifolds. This damn thing runs so smooth. It looked so much faster than 160 from the sidelines...it was just set perfect and is always someone I root for. Factory Billet is my favorite boat with all the Motec gadgets but I am always rooting for both of these guys to beat each other every time they run. It's the best battle at the event.

Below: Outboard cats and center consoles...that's all there is now it seems. I'm ok with it as now its almost unique to have a regular ole' turd v-bottom I remember when the first one's showed up and that was kinda neat. Now its all you see. Super cat fest used to be a dock full of big ass unattainable boats with 1350s and up...now its mostly outboards on the dock. I remember the first MTI 34 that showed up...it looked really viable to me from a size and dollar amount, and I am still interested. At that time they told me 450....same boat today is over 700? Crazy. I was looking hard at them because my buddy has a Statement on order now to replace his center. I'm trying to talk myself out of one. I looked much closer this year and I think the Outerlimits is my favorite and the DCB is right up there. Would come down to $ for me I think. I need to go ride in one and see if its something I'm really into or just one of those things I envy. I'm still a guy that jumps in the water all the time and floats...its the best part. At least they are staring to consider that aspect in the designs.

Below: I took this pic because I liked how it had only 4 engines and gave you a whole 5 inches of real estate to get in and out of the water Nothing like being in a tie up next to a center console with 22 people on it and they say...hey bro you mind if we all climb on your boat and use your swim ladder? 180 gallons an hour to go 80mph and can't tie up and swim....the epitome of practicality. All complaining aside I'm going to go take a look at the new Formula center with 3-450s for a new fishing boat. It is on my short list. I have such mixed feelings about whether I like these or not but these companies sure are building some nice looking boats.

Below: At Captain Ron's for the poker run. This was my first poker run experience and I appreciate all the effort they put into it. I know it takes a lot of effort and I liked catching all the boats on the dock and then rolling out together. Had lots of people come by to talk about the boat...that was neat. The white Fountain that Big Thunder brought with 860s....10 out of 10. Was pretty cool trying to run up to the front with a chopper overhead...I really enjoyed that. You really need to be on your toes as there were people anchored out in the channel to watch the poker run. We got to the first stop which I feel like took 10 minutes and waited in a sea of chaos to try to get our card punch. Lots of confusion out there as to where you got your "card" or if you tied up to go get it. Probably just confusion since we were rookies but others were asking us what was going on. I think they wanted you to tie up at each stop and buy food and drinks. My fat ass can only eat so many meals every 10 minutes. We ended up putting someone up on a pontoon that was nice enough to let us through since there was no dock to speak of....ran up, got our punch then ran to the next stop. Got there and same thing...another hour of waiting in line to tie up because you had to go to the hostess stand for the card punch. Finally had a glimmer of hope at getting to a dock space to put someone up there and the dock hand asks if our boat is over 40 feet....no ma'am...well you peasants can't park here We decided to run to the stops to enjoy the process but didn't get any card punches.

Below: After throwing in the towel on the poker run....we went to our normal routine and found some live music and friends. All is well.

Made it home, didn't break anything, didn't scratch anything. Can't wait until next year.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:44 AM
Registered

Had a blowout outside of Hannibal Mo yesterday on the way down. Got luck Walmart had some tires. Bought 4 now all 6 are good.

Boat is getting tuned at HP Mafia and will be ready to rip tomorrow hopefully.

The following 8 users liked this post by ubet28:
baja27 (08-24-2022), CDShack (08-22-2022), Griff (08-22-2022), IGetWet (08-23-2022), Jtime (08-25-2022), SB (08-22-2022), the deep (08-22-2022), TomZ (08-23-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 11:49 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Wish I was there brother.................................enjoy every minute!
The following users liked this post:
ubet28 (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Ill be driving down tomorrow. Will be staying at a house on Captain Ron's property. I will probably take the wife and some friends to Bare Bottoms or Big Dicks Thursday night on the water since I only have a 29 and dont want to get beat to ****.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
Ill be driving down tomorrow. Will be staying at a house on Captain Ron's property. I will probably take the wife and some friends to Bare Bottoms or Big Dicks Thursday night on the water since I only have a 29 and dont want to get beat to ****.

good location you gonna be here through the weekend?
Old 08-23-2022, 12:14 AM
Registered

Day 2

The following 6 users liked this post by ubet28:
bencini231 (08-23-2022), SB (08-23-2022), the deep (08-23-2022), thisistank (08-23-2022), tmalone76 (08-23-2022), TomZ (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 12:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 504 Likes on 236 Posts

Hope everyone has a fun and safe time at the shootout this year. We had plans on being there this year, but my wife's car accident changed those for us. She has already said we will be there next year though.
The following 5 users liked this post by bencini231:
Griff (08-23-2022), iaoutlaw (08-23-2022), SB (08-23-2022), the deep (08-23-2022), ubet28 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 01:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bencini231
Hope everyone has a fun and safe time at the shootout this year. We had plans on being there this year, but my wife's car accident changed those for us. She has already said we will be there next year though.
Sorry to hear that. Glad your all ok! See you next year!
Old 08-23-2022, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

Enjoy your stay and be careful out there. Love having everyone here and the eye candy is off the charts. Street party should be very cool this year too. BTW, hope the trailer survived the tire shredding!
ubet28 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 07:32 AM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Headed down this afternoon, staying at our place on the 4mm.
ubet28 (08-23-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.