Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thanks for coming by our pits.... >

Thanks for coming by our pits....

Notices

Thanks for coming by our pits....

Old 11-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah,,,back and fourth between Merc and Race Com all week...we got it all work out with both...well for now anyway.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:37 PM
ShipWrecked

Is 85 MPH what the Donzi should run? With all the others on this board posting some unbelievable speeds, is 85 MPH competitive? Or are some of these other speeds exagerated?

Old 11-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

i was just joking around...i don't get into the top speed thing or talking....we will just let our results speak for themselves...the world kilo record is UNDER 93mph with ass loads of develoment and testing to do it....and set up for it!...so when i see posts of F2 boats going 96mph plus in race trim right out of the gate?...

side note....the average speed is lees than 80mph in a race....so....how fast do you need to go to win races???....
Old 11-26-2002, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey

Good to finally meet you, and Dre. Good luck next year, and keep me informed when you're ready to do some testing.

Doug
(Barry Grant Inc., Demon Carbs)
Old 11-26-2002, 06:21 PM
roadtrip

Joey,

Great looking ZR boat!

Really enjoyed talking about your plans for her.

No doubt that you will rock in 2003.

Hey, you get a minute, post a link to that great
helicopter video you showed me on the PDA.

Todd

"There is no such thing as luck. We just practice and prepare until we know the ball is coming our way" Jimmy Johnson

Old 11-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

yes doug i always like to put a face with a voice...ALWAYS great to talk about the biz and being on the same page!!!...ahhh, testing, tesing, and more testing. my life.

we are excited about next year as well! and love to talk about our ideas...luck to me is when preparation and opportunity meet!....

J (crew chief) was totally in his element...gota love that technology!!!...yes the chopper video will be up soon...way cool...i've done others but it was just very cool how we splashed the boat, had communication with it, shot it, came back in, down loaded it, edited it, had it on our PDA's, CD's burned, biz cards made, and the video playing on the big screen in the fetherlight that same day....was just very cool to have a plan and have it go down as planed....
Old 11-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Joey
Just checked out your site "Very Cool" I wish you the best with your endevour and appreciate how professional you are trying to make it. The sport needs more of that. If I can be of an ssistance to your team feel free to contact me. My shop is located about a mile from the Donzi factory.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:50 PM
Registered

Ryan,,,thanks!...we would REALLY like to check your opperation out when we come down next time in a few weeks....we got a lot of things to do still aside from how the boat runs...we love input, but keep in mind our view for the most part is from a sponsor or fans view. we also love to share info with others!....but we never talk about the performance of the boat (or ask others) or what our sponsors do for us...we love to talk about what we are doing for our sponsors!, what we all can do to better racing, and how we can help others out with their program.

again thanks Ryan! we still have yet to get together for any length of time to chat about the biz...