Notices

Latham Marine.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
it's a cold cruel world. no offense meant but I you have to admit there are a lot of lawsuits out there that should never be brought. as for Morgan and Morgan I have no personal experience with them but I hear their commercials 50 times a day and a lot of the ads come across that way to use common folk. are all lawyers bad? no, I have several that are customers and while I may give them a hard time on occasion they do good work but like every industry there are good and bad. lawyers are just an easy target sometimes and some of them deserve to be. again no offense meant.
I was not offended, I have heard it all before, no offense was taken. I appreciate the reply.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:44 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Latham is the epitome of the best of the best. They've never been the cheapest. Just the best. Bobby has been doing it forever and still is. Cut them some slack.
Simply put, that's what made your project worth it to them. It's the same reason we won't dyno stuff we didn't build. Eventually when there's a failure, everybody will blame everybody. Want an engine tuned by us? We'll build you one. Want us to band aid your stuff together and make it "better"? Find someone else. Essentially, what they're saying is to do it right and have everything match, here's what ittl take. I don't see the reason to jump on the internet and run down a company that's been in this business going on 50 years. Then again, I rarely see the reasoning for running down anybody on the internet.
Carry on.
Oh and for the record, our raceboat has IMCO steering on it. Also great stuff. You'll likely get the same answer there. Ill look for the new thread about how IMCO sucks.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 09-16-2022 at 07:47 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by TeamSaris:
93 shooter (09-16-2022), Got Freedom? (09-16-2022), kilo (09-16-2022), offshoredrillin (09-16-2022), Padraig (09-16-2022), Smarty (09-16-2022), underpsi68 (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Don’t CHASE the ambulance BE the ambulance. lol

Nothing personal Smarty, wish you the best.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Beautiful work Brad.

My machinist does a lot of oil field specialty work/ valves and stuff looks like like art not a working section for another piece of machinery.

The following users liked this post:
madbouyz (09-18-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
Don’t CHASE the ambulance BE the ambulance. lol

Nothing personal Smarty, wish you the best.

Now that is hilarious! Great post.

That picture says it all, the epitome of an Ambulance Chaser....sorry to sidetrack the thread.
hoodoo (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Latham is the epitome of the best of the best. They've never been the cheapest. Just the best. Bobby has been doing it forever and still is. Cut them some slack.
Simply put, that's what made your project worth it to them. It's the same reason we won't dyno stuff we didn't build. Eventually when there's a failure, everybody will blame everybody. Want an engine tuned by us? We'll build you one. Want us to band aid your stuff together and make it "better"? Find someone else. Essentially, what they're saying is to do it right and have everything match, here's what ittl take. I don't see the reason to jump on the internet and run down a company that's been in this business going on 50 years. Then again, I rarely see the reasoning for running down anybody on the internet.
Carry on.
Oh and for the record, our raceboat has IMCO steering on it. Also great stuff. You'll likely get the same answer there. Ill look for the new thread about how IMCO sucks.

Oh okay so if I call your shop and wanted to buy a I dunno , head gasket, you`d tell me no sorry not unless we build your engine? That`s a good analogy.. your analogy doesn`t hold water. In my business I don`t install customer supplied parts but I will still sell them anything they want without an install. 2 completely different things. My experience was bad so sorry I came on the internet and told my story, I should just shut my mouth and take it like a good peasant huh? Shut your mouth and take it this guys been in business for 50 years !! , Unfortunately I have testosterone running in my veins and crap like that gets to me. I don`t have your millennial passive attitude and low testo. Just because someone has been in the business for 50 years doesn`t mean they`re good.

The following 2 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
Cms51 (09-16-2022), Gary C (09-19-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 11:09 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Nice work there Brad, you guys have a cnc? We got a Hass VF2 with a 5th axis just before Covid struck here to replace an old 1991 model...dont remember the name of the old one......watching that thing move is just mesmerizing.
Dont mean to get this thread off track

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-16-2022, 11:27 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Oh okay so if I call your shop and wanted to buy a I dunno , head gasket, you`d tell me no sorry not unless we build your engine? That`s a good analogy.. your analogy doesn`t hold water. In my business I don`t install customer supplied parts but I will still sell them anything they want without an install. 2 completely different things. My experience was bad so sorry I came on the internet and told my story, I should just shut my mouth and take it like a good peasant huh? Shut your mouth and take it this guys been in business for 50 years !! , Unfortunately I have testosterone running in my veins and crap like that gets to me. I don`t have your millennial passive attitude and low testo. Just because someone has been in the business for 50 years doesn`t mean they`re good.
I never understood that reasoning either.......i had a furnace blower go out in the middle of winter about 3yrs ago. Call the number on the furnace (it was there when we bought the house) and the dude comes out and gives me a price of something stupid like $800 to replace the motor. It had to be a "Carrier" item, nothing else fits he says....my red flags go up when i hear things like that cause he knows we are in a bind. I tell him ill think about it and give him the $50 service call.
Tell the wife to break out the electric heater and stick it in the basement so heat rises and im taking the day off! I rip that furnace open, get the motor out...look at the frame size and hit the Grainger website....20min later i have the same multi-speed motor with same shaft length and bonus it draws less amps so more efficient! And its only $75!!! Call them up and its not at the store by near my house but they do have it a little bit farther north....hit the highway back home in under an hour. Slap the "Dayton" motor into a carrier furnace and she's been purring ever since.
Mixing parts i believe would automatically absolve the maker cause its easy for them to say "well it wasn't used with our original parts"
If i somehow got a set of Dodge brake calipers to fit on my chevy truck and then had a brake failure who can you sue? No one cause neither was designed to have those parts used together. Im sure Larry the lawyer will try but i doubt anyone will get anywhere with it...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Padraig (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
I never understood that reasoning either.......i had a furnace blower go out in the middle of winter about 3yrs ago. Call the number on the furnace (it was there when we bought the house) and the dude comes out and gives me a price of something stupid like $800 to replace the motor. It had to be a "Carrier" item, nothing else fits he says....my red flags go up when i hear things like that cause he knows we are in a bind. I tell him ill think about it and give him the $50 service call.
Tell the wife to break out the electric heater and stick it in the basement so heat rises and im taking the day off! I rip that furnace open, get the motor out...look at the frame size and hit the Grainger website....20min later i have the same multi-speed motor with same shaft length and bonus it draws less amps so more efficient! And its only $75!!! Call them up and its not at the store by near my house but they do have it a little bit farther north....hit the highway back home in under an hour. Slap the "Dayton" motor into a carrier furnace and she's been purring ever since.
Mixing parts i believe would automatically absolve the maker cause its easy for them to say "well it wasn't used with our original parts"
If i somehow got a set of Dodge brake calipers to fit on my chevy truck and then had a brake failure who can you sue? No one cause neither was designed to have those parts used together. Im sure Larry the lawyer will try but i doubt anyone will get anywhere with it...
Good job, my guys carry 3 blower motors on their trucks, 1/3, 1/2, and 3/4 HP . All GE motors. Use em in any furnace with a multi speed 120v motor. As long as it`s not a ECM motor I can use those anywhere , sometime they take a different mount . No big deal.
Latham been around 50 years so they must be great ?? Biden been a senator for just as about as much... better not talk about the terrible job he`s doing cause after 50 years he`s got his $hit together and he must be awesome at his job right!??!
The following 10 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
Cms51 (09-16-2022), Faster Daddy (09-18-2022), flat rate (09-16-2022), Gimme Fuel (09-19-2022), Griff (09-19-2022), Helmwurst (09-17-2022), jbraun2828 (09-16-2022), Menage_Aqua (09-20-2022), SB (09-16-2022), Wally (09-19-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Wildman,

It is, indeed. I've been making widgets and wonders for almost thirty years and been in my own shop for closing on ten.

I designed and built this from scratch.

I don't want to make a habit of doing pro bono work, but Dan seems to be in a bit of a pickle, and he seems like a guy I could hang out with (I like his sometimes snotty-ass attitude), so I thought I'd throw him a bone.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Super cool man! Love helping a brother out. Wish I had more skills to help though 😂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.