Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any less expensive wet slip in florida? >

any less expensive wet slip in florida?

Notices

any less expensive wet slip in florida?

Old 09-15-2022, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

We're at $25-$27/ft for annual wet slips.5-10 minutes to gulf.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Yeah, Ive been going to Peanut for almost 14 years now. You dont notice them on the weekend since there are so many boats, but if you take the afternoon off and go up on a weekday, there are 15-20 tied off all over Peanut island. There is a group of complete chit, ready to sink boats that really F-up the view if you know what I mean. These are literally like homeless people that have all their belongings and collect junk in shopping carts. Half of them look abandoned. BUT They arent, people live on them with a 12 foot bayou style rowboat with a 5hp to go to the mainland. These boats never leave and they have junk piled on them 4 feet high. I will get pictures for you guys if its nice this weekend.

Just last weekend we were joking that this is the result of 5 years without any hurricanes, Cause the first one that comes, 95% of these will be gone.
Yea when we had hurricane Charlie come in and clear the anchorage at fort myers beach 20 years ago there were sunk boats sitting for years.

. There was a old wood 80 foot shrimp boat sitting sunk around the bend for 4 years .

A sunk old 57 wood Chris craft sat sunk at the bay front of the Bridge restaurant for a year after.

The city than made the anchorage all mooring buoys and moved the homeless down into the mangroves.

Last edited by tommymonza; 09-15-2022 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Ziemer
That is why I keep our Sea Ray behind our house.

I just checked....Punta Gorda is full. Seriously, it will be nice when they clean out the mess behind Riveria grill.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 07:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
Your best bet is to check with the major cites several have marinas that rent slips out https://www.cityftmyers.com/yachtbasin
The City is getting out of the marina business, selling to one of the big consolidators. Plans are to demo and rebuild the entire marina.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

There are a few slips available at Marina Town Yacht Harbor in FT Myers......better move quick if interested.
The following users liked this post:
jeff32 (09-18-2022)