Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance Boaters Team Up For New Harpers Cõv Development At Lake Of The Ozarks >

Performance Boaters Team Up For New Harpers Cõv Development At Lake Of The Ozarks

Notices

Performance Boaters Team Up For New Harpers Cõv Development At Lake Of The Ozarks

Old 01-03-2023, 11:28 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

7 Lot closings in the last ten days. The clubhouse and pool area are getting ready for first sticks and concrete. First home starts in a few weeks. 21 under contract so far.
The following 6 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
105Fountain (01-04-2023), bajaholic (01-03-2023), dykstra (01-04-2023), Griff (01-03-2023), Nate5.0 (01-04-2023), Sydwayz (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:35 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Some aerials from early December. Where the small path leads down to the water is the area where the WF clubhouse and pool are being built.

The following 8 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
bajaholic (01-03-2023), dykstra (01-04-2023), Griff (01-03-2023), HydroSkreamin (01-03-2023), Mentalpause (01-03-2023), Stuckonstupid (01-03-2023), thisistank (01-04-2023), Tiki Joe (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 423 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
7 Lot closings in the last ten days. The clubhouse and pool area are getting ready for first sticks and concrete. First home starts in a few weeks. 21 under contract so far.
Wow, that is great! Out of curiosity, are you seeing more folks new to the lake or old timers? It is always great to see something like this take off.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:11 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Wow, that is great! Out of curiosity, are you seeing more folks new to the lake or old timers? It is always great to see something like this take off.
About 70/30 new residents to previous residents. Most all have spent some real time around the lake and liked our project and location.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
About 70/30 new residents to previous residents. Most all have spent some real time around the lake and liked our project and location.
Going on 3 years into the madness of the unprecedented growth due to COVID and I'm surprised at the continued demand. Just blows my mind. Would have thought all the free money and movement from CA, NY, etc. would have finally wore off. Guess not. Congrats on the success of the development. For better or worse, the lake is continuing to evolve into a whole new animal than what I've known it from over the past 45 years. I will say the faint of wallet need not apply anymore, anywhere. Which is kind of a shame. But as they say, it is what it is.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Going on 3 years into the madness of the unprecedented growth due to COVID and I'm surprised at the continued demand. Just blows my mind. Would have thought all the free money and movement from CA, NY, etc. would have finally wore off. Guess not. Congrats on the success of the development. For better or worse, the lake is continuing to evolve into a whole new animal than what I've known it from over the past 45 years. I will say the faint of wallet need not apply anymore, anywhere. Which is kind of a shame. But as they say, it is what it is.
LOTO is still bargain basement pricing compared to other places in the Country. And our Property Tax costs are absolutely one of the lowest in the country. Which is surprising when you see the quality of schools and what they have to offer. This all leads to not just growth from people escaping, but people have now discovered what we have to offer.

The prices have gone up, but building costs are the cause. It is directly proportional to costs of properties. I am in no way a player compared to Greg, but we too have been able to see interest in our spec homes which so far have ALL been paid for through cash purchases, no financing. People are cashing out their properties on other parts of the country and being able to pay cash when they buy here. So that tells me, we are still a value!

Really Osage Beach, Lake Ozark and Camdenton are the major recipient's of growth so far, that leaves basically the west side of the lake with the more old school vibe. (Means you get to drive for amenities) And If you want rustic.... Just go north of the 45mm.....
The following 3 users liked this post by bajaholic:
Cash Bar (01-05-2023), HydroSkreamin (01-06-2023), Knot 4 Me (01-06-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 10:11 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Another note, more than one buyer has elected to purchase more than one lot and combine into a single homesite. This allows for space, obviously, but also a dock for each original lot. Multiple boats/docks. I'm doing this for my personal home as well. Two lots/two slips.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
LOTO is still bargain basement pricing compared to other places in the Country. And our Property Tax costs are absolutely one of the lowest in the country. Which is surprising when you see the quality of schools and what they have to offer. This all leads to not just growth from people escaping, but people have now discovered what we have to offer.

The prices have gone up, but building costs are the cause. It is directly proportional to costs of properties. I am in no way a player compared to Greg, but we too have been able to see interest in our spec homes which so far have ALL been paid for through cash purchases, no financing. People are cashing out their properties on other parts of the country and being able to pay cash when they buy here. So that tells me, we are still a value!

Really Osage Beach, Lake Ozark and Camdenton are the major recipient's of growth so far, that leaves basically the west side of the lake with the more old school vibe. (Means you get to drive for amenities) And If you want rustic.... Just go north of the 45mm.....
thats a solid perspective. We fell
In love with LOTO but logistically it wouldn’t make too much sense to buy out there. We’re gonna sell our place in Hawaii and swap for a place in havasu this coming year. Easier access and can keep the boat and off-road toys a in the RV garage and be there in a 5 hour drive. If we were closer, we’d buy in loto in a HEART beat. Love the lake, love the people, love the vibe, love the scenery. Not much to not like really, except getting there!! 😁

Old 01-05-2023, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
thats a solid perspective. We fell
Not much to not like really...
You've never been here in January or February .... you CA guys don't know what winter is!!
Old 01-05-2023, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
So what's it cost ballpark to get a nice place on LOTO now? I realize there are a ton of factors ... We were down there twenty years ago and couldn't believe how cheap it seemed.

MDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.