Like Tree0Likes

Cobra Situation

Old 11-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: Top Gun

Well........I swore i wasn't going to touch this !!!!
But......It just keeps popping up !!

As one of the few who read the original thread i just have to say

I thought Puder "jumped the gun" when he first posted,Plus I couldn't understand a thing he said !!

When this "Angel" chick posted I couldn't believe what she said !
The absolute WORST case of customer service I have EVER heard!

You can sugar coat it all you want...But...That was by far the
rudest thing I have seen on here that i can remember...

So.........has Puders $200 refund changed my mind about Cobra?
NOT A CHANCE !!!
Old 11-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

OSO, thanks for clearing that up. Enough said.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports

Quote:
Originally posted by OffshoreOnly

As far as closing the thread, did you ever think that advertisers might read the little old lady gossiping and decide not to advertise because they think one wrong move even by accident and they will pay forever
VERY TRUE. Just don't take it too far. (I don't think you have, yet.)
Old 11-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 330 Carver 30' Scarab Panther 17' ProV Lund

I'm with Birddog..well said bro. I was in on the original thread too. Caught my eye because I am (was) on the edge of doing business with cobra. What was said was shameful from a customer service prospective. And since I am a prospective customer, it is my business to know how the service is. Don't appreciate the fact that OSO depicted people who responded to the original thread, as people that were interfering in other folks business. That is insulting.

Sorry if this problem jeopradizes a good advertiser OSO, but sometimes principle must stand. You have many superb advertisers that I personally owe a great deal to for the help they have given me. It is always wise to carefully consider who ones wagon is hitched too.

BT
Old 11-30-2002, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2000 Talon 37 Former Out of Bounds

I have a small business like many of us on this forum. I have made some mistakes through the years handling certain customers problems but I like to think that the frequency of the mishandling of customers diminished as the years of business went on. Employees on the other hand don't handle customer issues or service problems sometimes as I would. I ultimately take the blame and try to correct whatever wrong has been done as Randy did in this situation. Cobra has been around for a long time and should be judged on what has happened throughout the length of their existance not on a isolated incident. I met both Randy and Angel when we made a deal on the Jag cat and although it's true that people may act differently when trying to close a deal, I think that I have been around the block enough to know when a person is not sincere. Hell I've been divorced twice so I don't trust very easily. Randy strikes me as a guy that loves fast boats and builds the best motors and drives that he can. In that business he couldn't have survived with out a good product , knowledge and service. Bottom line is yes there are a lot of suppliers for hipo boat stuff and Cobra is just one but don't rule them out for one mistake. I don't think Randy does know how to turn on the computer but I've seen his shop and the stuff he turns out impressed me. Doug
Old 11-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Intolerant1

Sure can tell its winter around here. In the dead of summer this thread, make that "these threads", would have died a quick and natural death. I suggest everyone go sit in the tub and make motorboat sounds.

Old 11-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

My experience here is that the members of OSO are a forgiving bunch and may very well STILL give Cobra the benefit of the doubt should Randy or Angel publish a brief and factual post explaining and resolving there now seemingly damaged reputation......

It does seem odd that no one at Cobra can locate a computer to accomplish this..

Their silence, no matter how unintentional , says volumes to many of the membership !

Just my .02.