First Dyno Complete Take 2 >

First Dyno Complete Take 2

Notices

First Dyno Complete Take 2

Old 01-19-2023, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 689 Posts

We're all in this together to share knowledge and have a good f'ing time - isn't this why we all participate on OSO? No one needs to be butt-hurt over what the OP has decided to share/not share.

And if I spent a ton of money with someone for a service, I'd be taking it back to them to recitify - as would just about all of the rest of the folks here on OSO. I think a lot of people are making a bigger deal out of this than needs to be.

That's all I'm going to say on this.
The following 4 users liked this post by TomZ:
boatfreak (01-19-2023), offshoredrillin (01-20-2023), Stuckonstupid (01-19-2023), TeamSaris (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 05:56 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,133 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
I’ve been here a long time.
I make sure to be prepared for winter.

The following 4 users liked this post by SB:
Gimme Fuel (01-20-2023), IGetWet (01-19-2023), the deep (01-19-2023), Unlimited jd (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 837 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
IGetWet,

Nobody cares what the builder is going to do, other than keep screwing people over. That part pisses people off.

The aggravation is rooted in the fact that OP posted, seeking advice, got it from an impressive number of well-heeled sources, most of whom were advising he ditch the dude that screwed the engines up to begin with, only to ignore the best advice he could have hoped for and took the engines back to the guy who screwed them up to begin with. It's like pissing in the wind....

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Thanks philosopher Christy. I’d sit back and laugh if I told someone not to piss into the wind and they went ahead and did anyways
Old 01-19-2023, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 837 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
^^^^ 100% accurate.
No one cares what he does with his 500hp build.
The middle finger to everyone is fine with me too, just burned all the bridges on here so next time he has a question you can take the time out of your day to help him out I GET WET.
Yea I always make sure I spend lots of my valuable time to help people on the INTERNET! And when I do I always expect a reward.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:30 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 395 Likes on 159 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by the deep:
Gimme Fuel (01-20-2023), Wildman_grafix (01-20-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by whodathought38SS
Can't you just order one of those from GM? ( Attachment 577544 ) Quite a few folks on here have run the ZZ502 in their boats with good luck. At 10K per motor making 500+hp , and still have your old ones to sell. I have not read all of the threads, but if 500hp was the goal, why would this not be the easiest rout to it, and prob. the cheapest reliable engines at that power level??? No one asked for my 2 cents , but there it is anyway.
….and ironically tighter guide clearances and wall clearances than will survive 😏
Old 01-20-2023, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 815 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Thanks philosopher Christy. I’d sit back and laugh if I told someone not to piss into the wind and they went ahead and did anyways
IGetWet,

I think you're more torqued over this than any of the rest of us. For sure, the actual engine builders don't seem upset. Not with PQ290, anyway. Just amused, and maybe a bit concerned for his chances for a successful build. I'm certainly not upset. My big concern is with the builder. I've seen guys screw over quality people in model boating because people don't want to throw them under the bus. So they continue being able to screw people over. It kind of ruins it for those of us who actually know what we're doing. This goes just the same in full sized boating as it does in model boating. Or anything else for that matter.

I can tell you this.... As I sit and harbor the fantasy of building a monster 565 from a Dart BigM Tall deck myself, I've called a great number of racing shops to pick their brains on the initial machine work. The second I mentioned that it would be a marine engine, their immediate response was either acknowledging the differences in setup or a marine engine, or respectfully decline, as they'd never done a marine engine. It sounds as if this builder that PQ290 used did neither. He either knew the differences and ignored them, for whatever reason, or didn't understand the difference, and wasn't willing to admit it. Either way, he's still out there, "building" engines.

Again.... Nobody's pissed. Just hate to see somebody dragged down a punji pit rabbit hole with a 3-card monte builder. I really hope things work out for PQ290. I'd also really like to know who built these engines, just so I know to NEVER.....

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991