Notices

Step Bottom History

Old 12-11-2002, 06:23 PM
ShipWrecked

Confidence...that is VERY important in ANY business. I am glad to see Reindl Powerboats stand up and put up the challenge!

Old 12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, Did you really go and read 50 of T2x’s posts? If you did you just got 25 years or so of boat racing in a few hours. Throw in Steve David and Brownie, and there is 100 combined years. Some of the people I saw lurking here in the past few days is very impressive.
I'm having a great time with it all! Gotta get something else done some time or my wife will throw me out.

Re: Tom's repeated question of why steps came in, went out and came back in.
Mark75H,
Thank you for noticing, I was starting to feel like a broken record. Ever since the start of this thread I have kept asking over and over why people hold the opinions that they do. Thank you for sharing yours.

I think OSO should do us all a favor and have a post listed first that has links to all the threads that we vote to be "must reads" That would help us newbies and lurkers to get a feel for the great store of knowledge available and it would benefit you experts by not having to answer the same lame questions from the next curious Tom that comes along.

I'm going to take a huge swig of coolaide on Saturday and take the batboat out from San Diego Bay. Anyone interested in a sip let me know. In order to be admitted to the cult you have to drink the stuff, reading the package and looking at the pictures doesn't count. Speaking of stuffing, somebody said that was a bad trait of the batboat, it was made to fly level both over and through the wave. Stuffing is the biggest rush of all.

With all that Harry Schoell has done he should have be a right up there with Bill Gates
Steve1,
Now we are in my territory , I taught many of the fortune 500 how to use the internet. Why are you knocking Harry Schoell after that great post by SteveDavid? Bill Gates is the evel copier that everyone *****es about in the boat world. His genious is to make a bad copy of somebody elses technology, claim he invented it and market it to the point that the actual inventor is forced out of business. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you be comparing Reggie to Bill Gates? I read a huge article with quotes from Reggie on Scream and Fly and couldn't believe it. He repeatedly said that nobody can produce boats that can keep up with his and APBA should make everyone race with his boats only. I'd like to try a batch of his coolaid, my penis would be 2 feet long and wrapped in gold chains.

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2002 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom I would never do that I was only using Mr Gates as a wealth standard !!

Last edited by Steve 1; 12-11-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:23 PM
ShipWrecked

I believe that Steve1 meant his comment in a GOOD way. Like it or not, Bill Gates has created (or promoted) something GREAT. I would not be using a computer if it wasn't for Windows!
He (BG) has made it so easy. Harry seems to be a genius "also", but he just doesn't know how to market himself, IF he did, we would be seeing his accomplishments everywhere. By the way, WHAT has e done lately?

Old 12-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Tom
Registered

Default Forget Reggie/Gates comparison

according to Reggies own website "Too bad he wasn't interested in computers. Bill Gates would be sweeping his floors." This from a guy with a failing little boat company, a strip mall in a third rate town and a rental unit in his garage. Last I checked Gates could buy out Reggie with the money he makes while taking a leak. The only one more delusional is George Bush thinking he ran a successful business with no stock scams and Dad's friend's were investing because of his business acumen.

What makes Fountain so successful on the racecourse is the same thing that drives him to constantly expand and improve his company. He refuses to lose. As if mastering multiple driving disciplines during a 40-year racing career wasn't enough, Fountain is the only competitor in offshore racing to drive and throttle himself. Most teams have a throttle man and a driver, but Fountain is acknowledged as the best at both, so it makes perfect sense that he does both.

While most teams buy a boat and run it the way the builder tells them to, Fountain designs his own, coming up with innovations that have kept him in the winner's circle season after season. Just as no other competitor can match Reggie's ability behind the wheel, no engineer has Fountain's skills at the drafting table. His boats continue to raise the performance bar, forcing the industry to scramble to keep up year after year. Recently he has taken over an expanding role as team owner/manager. Running the largest team in offshore is no small task. In fact, he has led his team to more wins and world speed records than any other manufacturer or team owner.

The business side of Reggie Fountain reflects a unique set of skills and experiences. Unlike other builders, Fountain combines boat-design genius based on decades of hands-on performance boat development with a successful business background founded in real estate and life insurance. With degrees in business and law, Fountain manages his real-estate investments, including a major shopping mall and an apartment complex. Most boat companies are headed by designers who don't know a thing about business, or entrepreneurs who just happen to like boats. Reggie Fountain can truly do it all.

As one marine publication stated in one of the hundreds of articles written about Reggie, "Too bad he wasn't interested in computers. Bill Gates would be sweeping his floors."
Now that writer must have drowned in coolaid.

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2002 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by ShipWrecked
I believe that Steve1 meant his comment in a GOOD way. Like it or not, Bill Gates has created (or promoted) something GREAT. I would not be using a computer if it wasn't for Windows!
He (BG) has made it so easy.
I know what he meant and I'm pretty sure Steve 1 knew what I meant. I was only joking.

Let's not go there with computers. The coolaid Gates makes is the finest in all the land. You actually believe that he made it easy. Women think squatting to pee is easy because they never tried just wipping it out. If market share had anything to do with anything we would all be driving Sea Rays and arguing about the latest innovation in beer can holders.

http://www.screamandflyoffshore.com/rf.htm
the link is the article about Reggie that is so unbelievable.

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Re: Forget Reggie/Gates comparison

Originally posted by Tom
according to Reggies own website "Too bad he wasn't interested in computers. Bill Gates would be sweeping his floors." This from a guy with a failing little boat company, a strip mall in a third rate town and a rental unit in his garage. The only one more delusional is George Bush thinking he ran a successful business with no stock scams and Dad's friend's were investing because of his business acumen.

Now that writer must have drowned in coolaid.
that is about the most true thing i have heard said on this board in a long time. tom, i guess we do have something in common!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Tom
Registered

Sorry I modified it since then by adding "Last I checked Gates could buy out Reggie with the money he makes while taking a leak." Didn't want you to miss it.

And here I was hoping what we had in common is that we really like each other and share our passion for boats together.

Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2002 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

that last comment

yes tom we do share a passion for performance , just different ways of getting there

have a good night tom
Old 12-11-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

one last thought........

maybe its time for a good old fashioned reggie bash

BTW how is his stock doing??????

Quick Reply: Step Bottom History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.