Rock the coast Grand Haven >

Rock the coast Grand Haven

Notices

Rock the coast Grand Haven

Old 07-24-2023, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Rock the coast Grand Haven

So this is in my backyard and I didn't find out about it till Thursday. I'm not a member of WMO and I'm not on fakebook so really out of the loop for info. Anyway, I did polish up the boat and had some friends lined up to go and watch (was not going to follow them and act like I belonged there. Just look as they leave Grand Haven) but my friends changed their minds and I fractured my ankle so I didn't end up going. Did anyone from this site go? Just wondering how it went. I think the lake was actually decent for the Saturday run.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

You really need to join WMO. They will email you all the info and more updates weekly! You get a lot of value for your dollar, it's a great club!

Rock the coast was a good time! They did a nice job organizing and like always there were sweet boats and nice people!

Of course there's things to complain about but majority of it was not the clubs fault. Plus I know they are trying to improve what they can and even can't really control.

It was pretty windy both Friday and Saturday and the pics of boats in the air tell the story. But it was plenty boatable!

Please join, shoot even volunteer to help!
The following users liked this post:
PQ290Enticer (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Should definitely sign up, because then you get some email updates. Unfortunately a lot of the information is posted to FB due to the ease of getting the information out to a lot of people at once. I'm sure a lot of boaters are on here as well, but just don't check it as often. We did the run and had a blast.

Here is a link posted of the photos from the run. https://speedshotphotography.smugmug.com/Boats/2023-West-Michigan-Offshore-Rock-The-Coast

The following 2 users liked this post by vheim:
PQ290Enticer (07-25-2023), venmous28 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by vheim
Should definitely sign up, because then you get some email updates. Unfortunately a lot of the information is posted to FB due to the ease of getting the information out to a lot of people at once. I'm sure a lot of boaters are on here as well, but just don't check it as often. We did the run and had a blast.

Here is a link posted of the photos from the run. https://speedshotphotography.smugmug.com/Boats/2023-West-Michigan-Offshore-Rock-The-Coast

Vheim,

Wouldn't happen to be going to the PQ meetup this weekend, would you?

Thanks. Brad.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately not. Just not in the plans this summer.