Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
That Thing Got A Hemi in it? >

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Notices

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Old 12-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went to the dealer and checked into buying a deisel duelly Dodge for a new venture I am planning on spending all of my money on. I was VERY impressed with the truck and price. I looked at Ford and Chevy, but as far as Bang for your Buck , Im going with the Dodge.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FORGET THE DODGE. YOU WILL BE SORRY FOR BUYING IT. I'D GET A FORD BEFORE BUYING A DODGE. HELL, BETTER YET, GET THE TOYOTA TUNDRA...........................
Old 12-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Guys, 3/4 of cars out there today have a hemisperical chamber. True most of them have overhead cams. But they have about as much in common with the original hemi as the new hemi motor. Chrysler is just name dropping and is trying to capitalize on the notoriety of an awsome engine. Heck, the valve angles are different, the port locations and shapes are totally changed, even the rocker arms are coming in from the opposite side. Don't be sucked in by a clever marketing ploy.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:17 PM
GRH

Originally posted by Cord
Guys, 3/4 of cars out there today have a hemisperical chamber. True most of them have overhead cams. But they have about as much in common with the original hemi as the new hemi motor. Chrysler is just name dropping and is trying to capitalize on the notoriety of an awsome engine. Heck, the valve angles are different, the port locations and shapes are totally changed, even the rocker arms are coming in from the opposite side. Don't be sucked in by a clever marketing ploy.
It is clear you can't accept that it is a "Hemi"... but it is by definition of the shape of the head... the old "Hemi" was a much larger bore and allowed for greater flexibility in the angle of the valves.... this small block "hemi" doesn't leave as much room for valve placement.... BTW... what "Hemi" did not have as you put it "canted" valves?

Old 12-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Julio,

Pretty sure he wants a real truck, not a Yota. Just messin with ya. I was behind you on HW 42 one day when you were pulling the boat and it looked like your truck pulled it pretty well.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Default Oh yea?

Well if nuttin else they look cool with the twin spark plugs going thru the valve covers...............LOL
Old 12-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered

Oh boy , It looks like I better sell my truck, Julio say's a Ford or a Toyo is better !!

He must drive an Isuzu ... I mean Duramax.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Default Motors

Ford is so scared of their own diesel they put Intertrashiners in their trucks, Dodge bought Fords Cumalongs for their trucks, I guess since GM owns Isuzu their the only people that have faith in their own products.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Uncle Julio drives a Toyota.

Hey Julio, what does your boat weigh on the trailer full of fuel? Dry weight on my 27 Fountain is 4900, add 400 lbs for fuel plus all the other crap you need plus the trailer and Im probably around 6200 lbs I guess. What the towing capacity on the Tundra?

Ron
Old 12-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Registered

Spectreboy,
Cummins was never owned by Ford

Quick Reply: That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.