Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
That Thing Got A Hemi in it? >

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Notices

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Old 12-09-2002, 11:06 PM
Bo Knows

You wanna talk HEMI ? This is what it's all about. Not some fudged up small block motor trying to make the grade by stealing the HEMI name from a time when having a vehicle with a HEMi in it really meant something. Sorry. I'm not buying it ! Let the HEMI name proudly rest in its place in history instead of dragging it thru the mud & using it as a sales gimmick to help sell new vehicles.

Bo knows
Attached Thumbnails That Thing Got A Hemi in it?-superbee.jpg  

Old 12-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Originally posted by rjcardinal
Sweet......

Anyone have the Hemi in a Dodge truck? This week my dealer is getting the first Hemi half tons in...............

.................. The Dodge Quad Cab four door with the short box just looks right. And with 345 horsepower and 375 ft pounds of tourqe I bet its a blast to drive.

Ron
I bet this thing would be a blast to drive, I'd really like to see one with a whipple on it, but how good is the actual milege with the new engine. my 98 with a 360 & 3.55 gears gets about 10-12 in the city and about 16-18 on the e-way, not towing.

More to the point...............are you sure the hemi is available in the 1/2 ton, I thought this was to be available only in the 3/4 ton trucks?

Just curious

Ratchet
Old 12-10-2002, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ratchet, the 5.7 Hemi Magnum is available starting now in a half ton truck. Two local Dodge dealers have three each on order. The fuel milage is supposed to be better than the 360 Mag.

Bo, you are correct the 5.7 Hemi is not the 426 Hemi. Im not buying a gimmick. I am buying 345 hp in a half ton truck. I dont care what they call it.

Now if I can just find one to buy before the first of the year.

Any Dodge dealers out there?

Ron Cardinal
225-751-8155
[email protected]
Old 12-10-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Ron, you getting 2WD or 4WD?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Just a 2wd. Its for Deb I promise!

Ron
Old 12-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

Yeah, I'm sure she woke up one morning and said "Now that they're putting the Hemi's in the new Dodges I think I want one."
Old 12-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Bo Knows

Ron,

Please don't take my post wrong. I'm a big mopar fan !! That pic is me in a Superbee that i owned for 19 years. I have had many Dodge muscle cars, including a Viper over the years. I'm sure that new motor will rock !! What I take offense to is all the media play Dodge is doing with the Hemi name. It appears that they are trying to cash in on all the interest & prestige that name generated years ago. As was stated already in this thread, many engines have been built with hemispherical shaped combustion chambers, but the HEMI legend was created by the 426 HEMI in the 60's & early 70's. It looks like Dodge is trying to capitalize on it once again, dragging out the old logo to generate sales. Thats whats got me ticked !! By all means, buy that new Dodge truck & enjoy!!

Bo

Old 12-12-2002, 12:31 AM
The Raven

Oh BOY
here we go.
If you talking "GAS" powered trucks [ stock factory] There is nothing on the road that will out pull the Dodge "V" ten .
The TOY truck don't even come close. No gas engine produces the raw power and Torque of the mighty ten. 450 ft.lbs @ around 2,000 Rpms. [ depending on the gerars]
Love blowing by another brand of truck in a dodge thats almost 21 feet long, around 7,000 lbs and taller than the others.
2001 1/2 Ram Q cab, sport, 4x4, auto, posi , with all the fun toys.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:45 AM
Registered

No I dont think the V-10 is for me. For one the gas milage is terrible. The main problem I have with it is that it sounds like a V-6. I know they make plenty of power but they sound sick. No offense.

Doesnt really matter as I cant find one before the first of the year. The depreciation I can take advantage of would offset the cost of the larger engine 5.7 Hemi. Im having a harder time justifying it now.

You can buy the '03 Quad Cab 1500 STX with the 4.7 loaded out for $23.5K. The option for the Hemi is only $875.00 but you must buy additional packages that put the sticker to $31K. Best price I could get on the truck with out one actually being here was 29K which was using a 2K rebate. On top of all of this the dealers say the rebate may vanish after the first of the year. So to get the Hemi in a 1500 is at least 6K more. Kind of rediculis but not as bad as upgrading to a 500EFI in a boat for 20K.