Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cryogenic treatment for drive gears >

Cryogenic treatment for drive gears

Notices

Cryogenic treatment for drive gears

Old 12-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kurt, Cryo-treated and assembled properly the TRS will outlast the stock Bravo. (pre "X" versions) The weak point is the tranny. If it's the B-W unit--should be no prob. If it's a MercTransII then you need to upgrade to a comp. Ford clutch pac. and have all tranny pump parts and shafts cryo-treated also!! --- Jer
Old 12-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

biggus I don't recall which one it was I am sure dennnis remembers I think he just went out of town again he has a different boat now another gun pretty nice i don't know if you heard about it yet...

the bravo thing is kind of a joke I am a firm beleiver in the bravo i'm puttin gobs of power in that scarab I mess with and have hadonly minimal problems from stock b1' however I don't know if it would be worth your hassle. I also half agreee witht he other guys a trs will hold up fine and cryo the gears can only help i don't know much about it but a local welder here used to do that at some company and swears by it i imagine I also agreee with who ever said if done right temperature wise etc. as well as I beleive they will live in stock form when driven properly by someone like yourself. Those are good trannies shouldn't have any problems there... By the way did anyone decide how much power those motors make?

P.S. there are a whole lot of high horsepower fast bravo boats out there, without all that trs lbs.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bilgerat, did Dennis buy Ruckus, the 'Gun with #6 drives and Pfaff motors?.... How`s things at LOTO? My wife and I are seriously thinking of moving there It`s been fun living in Maine but there is NOTHING to do in the winter.

Kurt

Hey man, do you have a good housing for a TRS????
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

hey biggus at least at loto you could sit around and wait for the apba kilo runs to be cancelled.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts
I had the 300Below rotors on my Dually.......made a noticable difference. My stock rotors crapped out at 12k miles! All warped and cracked.....i put the frozen rotors on with the Carbon Metalic pads and when i sold the dually at 35k miles on it it still had over half the pads left and the rotors were beautiful! No brake pulsing...nothing.....only complaint was it tok a little time for the pads to heat up before the would realy grab and stop but after that...watchout! If you didnt know what to expect you could tap the brakes and knock your teeth out?!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

biggus no case sorry ... when you get ready to move let me know, maybe we can work out a business setup here