test drove a 6.0 powerstroke this morning

Notices

test drove a 6.0 powerstroke this morning

Old 12-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.0

Bruce,

Supposedly the 6.0 is a big improvement over the previous PS..??

don't know...??...maybe not!

Old 12-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Intolerant1

67,000 miles on my chipped 7.3. Only problem I had was the connections on the chip got dirty/corroded. A little emery cloth and it was good as new. From what I read, my 7.3 with a chip is about the same as the 6.0 stock but the new motor is quiet. I dont think you can go wrong either way. I kinda of like my noisey motor and with the K&N filter, the turbo whine is great.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 7.3 is available in the van only. The 7.3 is not available in the trucks. The ones on the lots that have 7.3s are it. The 6.0 runs similar to a 7.3 with mild chip. Nort, don't be afraid of the 6.0. It will work very well in the Excursion(trucks also). The greatest advantage to the 6.0 is the new transmission. The PCM is a sealed unit so the upgrades (hop ups) will have to be introduced similar to the Superchips Micro Tuners. Should make for a very interesting "scramble" from the after market tuners to get their "performance enhancing" products on the market first. A few are rumored to be out already.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

I have a good friend who hops up all brands of Oil Burners. He says the Dodge camp has the best one out there to really hop up. The 7.3 is next and the 6.0, although it is new, smaller and sealed will not have the full potential of the 7.3. It is a good motor and maxed out was not a good term but it is at or near it's peak. I am sorry but I am tired of the mfg always trying to 'humanize" our trucks. **** i know they used a woman of 5'5" to place the dash and pedals on the Suburban. I know, I had one. I am 6' and it was a joke. Now they want to quiet the Diesel and choke it off. They want to downsize the X so mom can drive it. This is Bull****. If you are too small to drive it there are plenty on minivans out there. Stop screwing with OUR trucks. If God wanted women to drive a truck they would have given them a penis. Well he didn't so go drive a fricken car. I bought an 03 X so I can mow down the Smallburbans and Extrasmallpadition and not even hit my skid plate I also love the noise. Just like load pipes save lives so do clanking pistons.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy Mitch you hittin the Redbull tonight? Tell Michelle you need to get out and burn off some steam before you hurt someone in a minivan.....Just Razzin you Dude!!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Registered

No drinking, just trying to save some people embarasment when I drive over them and they get stuck in my tread.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:54 PM
Registered

I've got a 2000 F350 crew cab dually 4x4. Just bought the 3 level Diablo chip. Factory, 45 hp, 78 hp.

I think I will keep that until the auto manufacturers wake up and put a real diesel engine in their pickups. I'm talking real torque produced by a 7.0+ liter straight 6 produced by the worlds number one maker of diesel engines..............Caterpillar
Old 12-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Registered

Your right there warrior. The problem is it would be a mile long and a million pounds. You can always buy a Top Kick Crew Cab.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

Mitch,
I agree with you on the Dodge thing.. I will take you for a ride in mine !
They (Dodge) have this thing tuned down so much because they can't build a effin autotrans that will hold up. In the mean time they are getting passed by the other manufactures !

Have you seen Blair lately ? Tell him I said hi next time you stop in at the BajaJava
Old 12-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Phantom,

Anything that Ford is now shipping with a diesel engine will be the 6.0 L. I was very interested in the Excursion, but have decided to go with a pick-up.

h2owarrior,

Well........i decided to buy a GMC 2500HD, crew cab, short bed, with the Duramax Diesel & Allison 5-spd. auto tranny. I do like the Ford, but went with GMC. I think they are both excellent machines!

Quick Reply: test drove a 6.0 powerstroke this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.