Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDTV Antenna

I think that this is the antenna to get to receive broadcast HDTV:

Terk Indoor/Outdoor Ampified Antenna
Old 01-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

great post.

I also have a sony xbr, hoping it dies soon also.

What TV, AMP, speakers would you guys recommend to replace it, I have a 64 incher.

How much longer do I have to wait for the flat screen tvs price/quality to be there.

Curtis
Old 01-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There was just a substantial drop in Plasma Prices last week for Runco. They are now at 12,995 and 16,995 for the 43" and the 50" respectively at retail. These are for TRUE HDTV plasma's that can do a 720P image in its native resolution. Yes there are cheaper plasma's even ones that are 2500 bucks but they look like it as well.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Default Re: Recording Dolby Digital Audio

Originally posted by Clay Washington
What about recording Dolby Digital audio. If the DVI is video only, and if the box only has one (optical) Dolby Digital Output, how will you record the sound?
I do not have any info for you on that one. I have not done a ton of research for the DVI inputs. I will look into it for ya however.

Jon
Old 01-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

At the risk of being partially incorrect again, DVI is being widely adopted by movie studios, cable and satellite providers for a very important reason. With DVI you also get HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Copyright Protection). At this time, DVI is not a recordable interface.

Most consumer electronics manufacturers recommend the use of the 1394CP (Firewire) interconnect as the interface between recordable high definition devices (D-VHS/DVD-R) while DVI/HDCP should become the standard for connection to the display device.

For example, to watch HDTV you could use DVI and go from your Set Top Box (STB) (DVI Out) to the TV (DVI In). If you want to record HDTV you should use the Firewire or component interconnect and go from your STB (Firewire or Component Out) to the recordable high definition device (Firewire or Component In). To play stuff recorded on your recordable high definition device you could use the Firewire, Component or DVI interconnects to connect the recordable high definition device to the TV.

Ain’t this stuff fun?

Last edited by chrker; 01-02-2003 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:28 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default RRIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!

Ok...LOL

I have now forgotten how to use my DVD recorder..
Old 01-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Troutly of the Pioneer, Panasonic and Fujitsu that you have listed the Panasonic has the best image, very close with the Pioneer. I would stay away from the Fujitsu. They have HORRIBLE pixle drop out problems and also BAD color shifting over time.

Jon
Old 01-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great thread, in the process of moving from boston to charlotte, north carolina and just bought a 65" toshiba wide-screen. having direct tv hooked up tomorrow, jon, i may have to call you to get it all hooked up correctly. i want to use my yamaha dsp amp, its about 8 years old but still seems to have most of what is offered today, it was top of the line back in 94. or do you think i'll just be better off replacing it and using it for my neww garage stereo??? bill
Old 01-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Spitfire no problem just drop me a PM and I can probably get to ya in a couple days. The Yamaha DSP amps depending on what year are not bad units. I would have to take a look and see what ya god to know if if it the best thing for you or not.

Jon

Quick Reply: OT - HDTV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.