Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002 >

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Notices

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Old 12-31-2002, 06:09 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Bought a 502 MPI in the spring which I proudly installed and "tried" to start. Oh well no boating today,,, another day of trouble shooting later MY WIFE tells me " how can it start with the shifter in gear"? ( I had the shifter in gear for drive install ) After a few choice words and putting it into neutral it fired right up !!!!! I will NEVER live that down.

Tunnel vision is a ***** !!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Packin ,
Sure glad your in Michigan and I'm in Jersey. You sure are dangerous Sounds like you should stay away from Glassdave and "The Captain"
Old 12-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt sink her like we did in 2000, but i did loose to a few sail boats and reved the motor then put it in gear at 3500rpm!! nothing broke thankfully.

Also pulled away with the anchor down Just Once, remember that?? The thing just wouldnt go, look back and its floppin around!!!!!

Last edited by HyperBaja; 12-31-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Wildfire

Boat sank.

Pretty sure it had something to do with the rubber exhaust tubes burning through because someone forgot to switch the valve over to raw water pickup (we had been running it in the driveway on the hose). OOPS! None of you are insurance agents, right?

Old 12-31-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Default Re: Just the first 10

Originally posted by packinair
13)buzzed the "docks" a chain of resutants on the river.. no wake zone at full speed (again glassdave involved)
Ive always wanted to do that!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:31 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Talking

I saw a friend having trouble loading his cat on the trailer, I was out for a slow cruise in the family 17' Galaxy, so I pulled in to the dock to help. I nosed it in , pulled the shifter to neutral, and ran to the bow to fend off. I jumped out holding the line to the boat. I was then dragged across the dock (no matter what I tried to hang on to) by the boat! With my wife trying to help hold the boat to the dock. I let go and watched the boat back away in an arc, with my wife who has never driven a boat! It of course backed toward shore. I yelled instructions and Lisa learned to drive in 2 seconds! BTW the shifter was in neutral, but the shift cable bound up and stayed in reverse. Lisa very successfully docked the boat by herself. At this point my poor friends I went to help were helping us!!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:33 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Hey sonicse, how come I never heard those stories? You forgot to mention filling your motor with sand at Harbormess. ha ha, just thought I would help out a buddy!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default straps

I was out for a long day got to the ramp and there were many idiots there. Put the boat back on the trailer and took off. when I got home and went to disconect the trailer from the truck I realized I did not hook up the bow strap or the stern straps.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:55 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Second worse thing, started to pull the boat out of the water at the ramp with the drive still down. Nice gouge in the concrete. Duh! First worst thing, doing it a second time about a week later.

Les
Old 12-31-2002, 06:57 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Dang Charlie, just read your post. That could have been seriously ugly. Which ramp, mine was at Magnuson.

Les

Quick Reply: Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.