Notices

Saw 2 Fools yesterday.

Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw 2 Fools yesterday.

Yesterday when riding around looking at property I saw 2 fools water skiing on the Chickahomany River witch is just outside Richmond VA.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:38 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Whats wrong with that?? It was 75 degrees here..
Old 01-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

LOL. That takes brass balls.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Sydwayz
LOL. That takes brass balls.
and an electric ball warmer!
Old 01-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

A friend of mine was a hired driver for a competitive freestyle water skier years ago. Friend would get up at 5:00 am every morning and throw on whatever clothes were appropriate for the season. He would meet the skier at the boat ramp and hop in the boat. Skier would back the boat in and leave the truck and trailer in the lake to the side of the ramp. Friend would make a lap of the cove to get the boat motor warm and come back and throw him a line. The skier would start in 6" of water and ski for 45 minutes. They'd come back to the ramp and skier would ski to the bank and settle on a carpet mat he had started from. They'd load the boat and friend would go home and shower. Then we'd see him at school at 7:45am (we were all in high school).

This took place 365 days a year. The skier would give friend a personal check every week and never spoke to him except to be critical of his driving or ability to hold a perfect speed (these were the days long before skiboat cruisecontrol).

My bud did this for more than 2 years. Pay was decent for an hour and a half ($140/week).

This nut skied when there was ICE on shore thick enough they had to bust it up for him to ski...

I think he fell a grand total of 20 times in 2 years during practice or something equally ridiculous...
Old 01-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

When I was a kid,we used to ski the 1st day of April, My dad had a '74 Jet Boat with 455 Olds that required no thermostat. One year the water was so cold that the engine choked out as he was starting off the shore, I don't think I tried it that day after that.

Eddie
Old 01-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Wisconsin, the earliest I have been H2O skiing was May 1st. The air temp was not bad but the water was frick'n cold. To this day I cannot believe we took the dare and went skiiing that early.

Brass nuts is right
Old 01-02-2003, 05:45 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Red face

Originally posted by hp500efi
Here in Wisconsin, the earliest I have been H2O skiing was May 1st. The air temp was not bad but the water was frick'n cold. To this day I cannot believe we took the dare and went skiiing that early.

Brass nuts is right
I learned how to ski in 42 degree water, no wonder I got out of the water so quick, cause my balls could only receed so far and they pop. Wohoo. B3
Old 01-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several years back, maybe 10-15 would be closer. The dealership I worked at started selling Master Craft Ski boats.

They had an optional heater for the driver. It was plumbed to the motor just like in your vehicle. They said it wasn't a very popular option, but in the "cool" states they did sell a few.

We surely didn't order the option here in Florida.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Allan4

mcoll., that's a great story!!!! Only fell 20 times is wild. YOu mentioned freestyle skiing, I assume he was a trick skier??

I have skied in some really cold stuff, Halloween was one of them , but the early season stuff is definitely more testicle shrivling. However, the coldest water I hav ever been in was Whitewater Rafting in W. Virgnia.

About 10 of my buddies and I thought we would be econimically clever and save some $$ by signing up for "Ice Breaker Weekend". Yeah, good idea.......long story short, 42* water, it was snowing when we woke up in the morning. THAT, my friends...........was COLD!!!!

Quick Reply: Saw 2 Fools yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.