Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Eddie I think it was Jim Arvis
Old 01-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 83 Posts

Allan -
Talked to that friend today and mentioned that I'd posted about him. He did say that he couldn't remember the number of falls, but that it was Looooooow.

The guy was indeed a trick skier, but spent his mornings polishing his routines for smoothness. He never tried ANY new stuff in the mornings, only finish work on his transitions and stuff. He used the weekends for incorporating anything new into the pattern. Friend was not involved in any weekend pulling (except for the mornings of course).

Friend was responsible for finding fill-in driver so he could vacation, etc.. Skier required the fill-in guys to go three consecutive days at no pay to observe and get ready to drive. THEN with friend still present, fill-in driver had to drive for no pay as a test. I never bit on that hook - too early and too boring..

We were punk kids and the skier was mid thirties and had no personality (to us). Interesting, though.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through Richmond, Va last Friday on my way to N. Carolina and was surprised at the number of boats I saw on the water down that way.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to start barefooting early March. It is not usually real cold here but, tha water is still freezing. We used a wet suit and got up quick. It was worth it though to looklike a pro while everyone else was just starting to get back into it.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Allan4

mcoll, you said he didn't have a personality??????? HAHAHAHAAAA...sounds like a giant rectum to me!!!!!

However, when you are working on routines (whether it is trick, wakeboard, or footing)or running a slalom course or jumping, the driver is VERY important. Not only for consistent conditions, but it becomes a safety thing as well. Bad things happen when boat speeds suddenly change!!!!

So, I guess the dude had point, and I guess I am pretty picky about drivers as well when I am skiing, but this guy takes it to a new level.......TRYOUTS!!!!!........HAHAHAHAHA

Out playing around is a different story. Great story you have though A4

Old 01-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to be one of those nuts out there. When i lived in NY I skiied on a show team(like cypress gardens/six flags)... We would actualy start skiing with ice still on parts of the lake!

We have a mastercraft(for sale BTW) that has a heater in it... an WE USED IT!.... It was needed on those ever soooo cold days..