Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking at center consoles 35+ with a cabin >

Looking at center consoles 35+ with a cabin

Notices

Looking at center consoles 35+ with a cabin

Old 01-10-2003, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 35 DONZI ZFC is a beautiful boat, wait until the 38 comes out in Miami! The price is not bad either.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Registered

yeah maybe i should look more at the 38??

the 46 cat is WAY out of the question.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Joey-
I've been looking at going this route as well- kind of an SUV on the water. You can do some diving , fishing, or party cruising all with one boat, and wash down the interior at the end of the day!
I have been told by many experienced CC owners in FL to avoid any CC that's not a self-draining cockpit (Concept is not, but has it in the works because of the lost sales due to this)- you want anything washed down, or taken over the bow to go right out of the boat, not down into the bilge for the pumps to handle. It's a real bragging point for a mfg. if it's self- bailing.

The Adrenaline 31 is the old Active Thunder CC- that mold is where the AT 28 hull comes from as well (dammed up to remove molded-in swim platform/motor well.)

Marlagos are nice, and somewhat more local to the Midwest folks-great customer service from what I hear.- their Jefferson yachts aren't bad either!

YellowFins are probably the best, but they do not and will never make a cuddy version.

I really like the Monza 34- 9 1/2' beam and fast- they have come a long way in their rigging too. Go with the Optimax 250's - absolutely the best engineered O/B engine around today, and efficient/quiet as the 4-strokes, just a lot faster! I am definitely taking a look at the Miami show!

http://www.monzaboats.com
Jim
Old 01-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jafo LOL self bailing or self sinking Cockpit!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

NEWSFLASH!!!! Wylie actually admitted that he MAY soon begin work on a 33-34 YELLOWFIN foot cuddy boat! No time frame set but he's is atleast talking about it. www.yellowfinyachts.com
Old 01-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Registered

Ryan, Last weekend while comming in to Hillsboro inlet, I saw a dark Blue CC (2) O/B, that was truly magnificent, was that one of the Yellow Fins?? The lines were the best I have ever seen, I only got a quick look, we were going under the bridge at the same time, can you post Pics. of this midnight blue boat if it is a yellow fin?
Philip
Old 01-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

it sounds like one check out www.yellowfinyachts.com
Old 01-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default These look nice

Carrera Check em out
http://www.carrerapowerboats.com/custom.htm
Old 01-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Registered

Ryan, I did not see it in any of their Lit, Dark Blue Hull, White Topsides, not 30 or 31', more like 35 or 36' I e-mailed them a request. Thanks

Philip
Old 01-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Fever Mike
jafo, I know we talked about the self bailing a little in chat but I never thought this feature would be very important to someone that casually fishes. Self bailing seems very important to you. Please educate me on the importance of a self bailing cockpit.

Do the Monza's self bail? I think the Fountain 31, the other boat I am considering self bails.
Thanks, Mike
mike-
I found this thread on another forum that explains it in about the same manner as others I have talked to, especially a very close friend in Pompano who has fished his entire life down there inluding charter and tournament. It's obvious that if you were not going to fish with a boat like this, it wouldn't be quite as important (fish stink and smell in the bilge rather than directly overboard). But the idea of taking one on the bow going to the islands certainly has its arguments.

http://floridasportsman.zeroforum.co...hread?id=12472

Ryan- if YellowFin builds a 34' cuddy, it'll sell quite well! I know I'd be looking at it first. For now, the Monza certainly seems to have the most going for it in the 34' cuddy style.
Jim

Quick Reply: Looking at center consoles 35+ with a cabin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.