Old 01-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Registered

My Boats: Looking

Did you see the 99 Concept for sale in the classifieds under MiscV

Cordell
Old 01-11-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Extreme 29

A self bailing cockpit is a MUST !!! Don't even think of buying a center with out one. Why wash everything into your bilge when you can just have it drain out. And for instance while down at Boca Grand Pass last year we buried the first 4 to 5 feet of the boat in a swell in my 22' Pathfinder and it just simply washed the deck out for me !!! Water comes in, water goes out. Plus the wash down is a breeze !!! Wardey
Old 01-11-2003, 12:50 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

My Boats: glasstream

Joey-
I thought that the Don Smith was in the mid to upper $200k. Which is alot but that is one hell of a boat! Should be alot less minus diesels. The small Adrenaline is the old 31' AT. But the 38' Is their design ,I believe. Big cabin and the fact yopu can get I/B was what I liked. Until now there was just the Powerplay if you wanted I/B and still have a performance look. I would figure if racing a Donzi, you would need a Donzi?
Old 01-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: Looking

It all depends on what you are going to use the center console boat for. Yes if your going to use if or fishing I can see the benefits of not having all the slop end up in the bilge. If you are on a smaller CC in rough water I could see it getting some water in the cockpit but on a bigger model unless you are stuffing the bow I donít see any more water entering the CC then a boat with a deck. Mine has snap in carpeting and for the most part it is like any other go fast just with more room in the front. I pull the carpet and sweep the big stuff up, pull the drain plug and hose it down.

Cordell
Old 01-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: offshore

The basic Don Smith is in the upper 200K range. He is now getting ready to built a 45'. A 42' with big diesels, tuna tower and loaded electronics would put you in the mid 400K range. Friends of mine have one and when that boat pulls up anywhere, all eyes are focused in on it. It is a great boat. www.smithboats.com
Old 01-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech
Default Self Bailing cockpits

can pose a potential sinking hazard ..Ive seen many sunk riggs because the scupper leaked after the rig got low in the water etc ..I imagine its just a maintenance thing ..
Old 01-11-2003, 06:34 PM
JGB
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckbeecher
Joey-
I thought that the Don Smith was in the mid to upper $200k. Which is alot but that is one hell of a boat! Should be alot less minus diesels. The small Adrenaline is the old 31' AT. But the 38' Is their design ,I believe. Big cabin and the fact yopu can get I/B was what I liked. Until now there was just the Powerplay if you wanted I/B and still have a performance look. I would figure if racing a Donzi, you would need a Donzi?

Chuck your right on that the adrenalin 38 cc is their own design but the hull is unmistakingly that of the late 70s 38 signature by tommy adams.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: Formula
Default Re: Self Bailing cockpits

Quote:
Originally posted by Pantera1
can pose a potential sinking hazard ..Ive seen many sunk riggs because the scupper leaked after the rig got low in the water etc ..I imagine its just a maintenance thing ..
From what I've seen, all the mfg's have a different design on self-draining/bailing, including scupper design and location. Most of these boats are loaded full of flotation foam too. Maybe you could clue us in to what many you've seen, i.e. mfg., model, age of boat, etc. that were sunk?
Old 01-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Registered

Check these out

www.performancepowerboats.com

They only make one model, a "true" 40 footer. They will put up to FIVE 250 hp O/B's on them. Price starts at $115K rigged with twin 250's. Has a 10' cuddy in the bow. I'm thinking of going this route also, probaby with triples. Has anybody heard any feedback about these?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Extreme 29

Uhhummmm.......that would be a 39' Midnight Mike..... What happened to your Steelers last night ? Well, gearing up to head to RJ Stadium. Got the Momosa's and Beer-o- sa's ready. Go Buc's. Wardey